Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
So I've had my iMac since Nov 2011. It's the base model 2011 21.5in.

I've never had an issue with it but today I had some headphones in, I unplugged them and replugged them. The Mac didn't register they were reconnected and continued playing sound out of the speakers.

Then I noticed my mic wasn't registering anymore in the Skype call. I tried to restart the computer.

Update restart my computer wouldn't boot. It was stuck at the Apple logo with the spinning wheel. I tried resetting PRAM/SMC/Safe Mode.

Anyone have any idea what might be wrong/how to fix this? :confused:

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
So I've had my iMac since Nov 2011. It's the base model 2011 21.5in.

I've never had an issue with it but today I had some headphones in, I unplugged them and replugged them. The Mac didn't register they were reconnected and continued playing sound out of the speakers.

Then I noticed my mic wasn't registering anymore in the Skype call. I tried to restart the computer.

Update restart my computer wouldn't boot. It was stuck at the Apple logo with the spinning wheel. I tried resetting PRAM/SMC/Safe Mode.

Anyone have any idea what might be wrong/how to fix this? :confused:
try booting into recovery by holding "Option" then going to "recovery HD"

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
It allows me to boot into recovery, but whats my next move from here? It doesn't seem like a software problem.. seems like a hardware problem.

well you said you were stuck in the apple logo with the spinning gear so i guess to get you back would be a re-install? sorry i dont know much, im new to mac. also do you have apple care?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.