Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:48 PM   #1
iPowers
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to iPowers Send a message via AIM to iPowers Send a message via MSN to iPowers Send a message via Yahoo to iPowers Send a message via Skype™ to iPowers
Making iTunes 11's Search be Like iTunes 10?

So when I tried upgrading to iTunes 11, I didn't like it at all. I did notice tutorials to make it look and feel like iTunes 10, but the thing that really bugged me about the layout was the search.

In iTunes 10, when you typed something, the list of songs would narrow down to what you were searching for, but in iTunes 11, the search would show as a dropdown on the side.

Is there any way you can adjust this so the search function works like iTunes 10? If there's extreme measures to do so, i'm willing to try them out if it comes down to it.
iPowers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:19 PM   #2
tkermit
macrumors 68020

You need to uncheck the option to "Search Entire Library" (or press the Enter key at the end of your search query).
Attached Images

Old Mar 23, 2013, 05:48 PM   #3
iPowers
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to iPowers Send a message via AIM to iPowers Send a message via MSN to iPowers Send a message via Yahoo to iPowers Send a message via Skype™ to iPowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkermit View Post
You need to uncheck the option to "Search Entire Library" (or press the Enter key at the end of your search query).

And by doing that, the list of songs will just narrow itself down like the original itunes did?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 06:20 PM   #4
Ann P
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkermit View Post
Thank heaps! This was my only gripe with iTunes 11, and all it took was pressing Enter!
Ann P is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 06:23 PM   #5
adnbek
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPowers View Post
And by doing that, the list of songs will just narrow itself down like the original itunes did?
Try it and find out.
adnbek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 06:58 PM   #6
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann P View Post
Thank heaps! This was my only gripe with iTunes 11, and all it took was pressing Enter!
That was _your only gripe_? I have so far sent about nine bug reports to Apple, for what I consider inexcusable bug in iTunes 11.
gnasher729 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 02:40 PM   #7
iPowers
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnasher729 View Post
That was _your only gripe_? I have so far sent about nine bug reports to Apple, for what I consider inexcusable bug in iTunes 11.
If you don't mind me asking. What were the bugs?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store