Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Feb 7, 2013, 01:56 PM   #26
Cptnodegard
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
Yep, that's what I figured. Did it turn out well?
Yeah, the material is very easy to cut
Cptnodegard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 09:35 PM   #27
Blk98Cobra
macrumors newbie

Still waiting for the cases I ordered. How long did it take for you guys to get yours?
Blk98Cobra is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:06 PM   #28
thelookingglass
macrumors 65816

I've bitten the bullet a couple of times and purchased from these eBay suppliers that ship from Asia and sell for dirt cheap. Predictable results. Shoddy quality, horrendously long shipping times. I'd rather just spend extra and go with a known brand. At least there's usually good quality control and good customer service.
thelookingglass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 04:15 PM   #29
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelookingglass View Post
I've bitten the bullet a couple of times and purchased from these eBay suppliers that ship from Asia and sell for dirt cheap. Predictable results. Shoddy quality, horrendously long shipping times. I'd rather just spend extra and go with a known brand. At least there's usually good quality control and good customer service.
I'm guessing you didn't even read the first post and just posted this by reading the title. The one mentioned in this thread has been getting stellar reviews and the quality is better than some of the US case sellers.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:55 PM   #30
pat park
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelookingglass View Post
This case is very good and your are wrong about this case. Thank you.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:45 PM   #31
pat park
macrumors 6502a

just received mine today and noticed it's different than the op's. I ordered from the same eBay link.

Mine has no lip that covers the smart cover magnets to hold it in place. The smart cover can be taken on and off.

I like the case better this way actually. Nice surprise. Cannot beat it for the money!! Overall nice fit and the feel is nice. For $1.99 delivered, it really is a bargain.

Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 03:27 AM   #32
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Whoa, that's great news. I hope mine is the same way. Thanks for the info.

EDIT* Received mine today, but it's like the OP's. The Smart Cover is held on. I'd assume that the first orders got the SC held on until they ran out of supply. I'll order the gray one once it's back in stock to see if I can get one without the Smart Cover holders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat park View Post
just received mine today and noticed it's different than the op's. I ordered from the same eBay link.
You did order it from the same link? I'm only trying to confirm before I contact the seller about getting one without the Smart Cover latches.

Last edited by HazyCloud; Feb 11, 2013 at 02:56 PM.
HazyCloud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:06 PM   #33
Binarymix
macrumors 6502a

I want the SC holders. Hope mine doesn't come like the above.

I would also like the trans. grey when back in stock, but wont order another if it comes that way.
Binarymix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:10 PM   #34
Blk98Cobra
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binarymix View Post

I would also like the trans. grey when back in stock, but wont order another if it comes that way.

Likewise. I ordered mine on the 28th of January and I'm still waiting. Hopefully it comes I'm this week lol
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:21 PM   #35
pat park
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Whoa, that's great news. I hope mine is the same way. Thanks for the info.

EDIT* Received mine today, but it's like the OP's. The Smart Cover is held on. I'd assume that the first orders got the SC held on until they ran out of supply. I'll order the gray one once it's back in stock to see if I can get one without the Smart Cover holders.

You did order it from the same link? I'm only trying to confirm before I contact the seller about getting one without the Smart Cover latches.
yup, same link as the OP. They still show the other style of case on the eBay auction.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk98Cobra View Post
Likewise. I ordered mine on the 28th of January and I'm still waiting. Hopefully it comes I'm this week lol
I ordered my case on Jan 31. I opted for the fast delivery. Was an extra $2.09. I got it on Feb 9.

I also ordered a clear case from the same seller, same day, but went with the free standard shipping. That's due to arrive around Feb 20.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:48 PM   #36
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binarymix View Post

Quote:
What colors did you order? I got the black one and would be willing to trade if either of you get the one without the Smart Cover holders as mine has them and I prefer mine to not have them.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:03 PM   #37
Blk98Cobra
macrumors newbie

Quote:
What colors did you order? I got the black one and would be willing to trade if either of you get the one without the Smart Cover holders as mine has them and I prefer mine to not have them.
I got the black, grey, and clear. Ya I'll let ya know as soon as they come in.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:05 PM   #38
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
I got the black, grey, and clear. Ya I'll let ya know as soon as they come in.
Awesome. I'll even buy the gray from you if you don't want to trade or just don't want it. Gray is the color I actually want.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:13 AM   #39
leinadhok
macrumors member

Arrived it has...
leinadhok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:01 AM   #40
Binarymix
macrumors 6502a

Still waiting on mine. Ordered Jan. 24th
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:05 AM   #41
jamesjingyi
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to jamesjingyi
Off topic slightly but I ordered an iPad Mini smart cover off eBay and it locks the iPad when I put the cover all the way round the back... Is that normal? haha
jamesjingyi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:11 AM   #42
Binarymix
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesjingyi View Post
Off topic slightly but I ordered an iPad Mini smart cover off eBay and it locks the iPad when I put the cover all the way round the back... Is that normal? haha
On a naked iPad? Yes, the smart cover will stick to the back.

*edit* Oh it 'locks' the iPad screen. It shouldn't do that.

Last edited by Binarymix; Feb 18, 2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:14 AM   #43
Cptnodegard
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesjingyi View Post
Not just slightly off topic, completely and utterly off topic

But yeah, the magnet is too strong, so not normal for a real Smart Cover
Cptnodegard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:30 PM   #44
Blk98Cobra
macrumors newbie

Got mine today and really like them! I thought I had got the smoked one but apparently I didn't order it. I got 2 black matte cases (not clear) and one frost clear one. The 2 black matte cases do NOT have the smart cover holders which I am kind of disappointed with. The frost clear case DOES have the smart cover lock which I really really like! I guess I'll have to wait for a smoked one with the lock holders when they have them back in stock
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:02 PM   #45
bursthead
macrumors 6502

I really like the material and texture of this cover.

This has to be the closest back cover I can find that worked like the incipio feather case I had with my ipad 2 & 3. It solves the problem with the smart cover for the ipad mini be so weak in terms in it's attachment to the ipad. I really like it and especially for $2.99 I purchased about 4 of them.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 02:14 AM   #46
gooberwilson
macrumors regular

Interested in picking one of these up but they're out of stock on clear, gray and black. Have they run out before? And how long did it take to restock them?
gooberwilson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:08 AM   #47
Binarymix
macrumors 6502a

I still haven't received mine. It's been over a month now. eBay buyers protection might be getting some use on this one, even for $2. Or some bad feedback in the least.

*edit*

Jumped the gun. case came today. It DOES NOT have the SC holders. But that's ok because the Maikai case and SC came today and does have the holders.

Last edited by Binarymix; Feb 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:43 PM   #48
pat park
macrumors 6502a

just received my 2nd case today. It's the white frosty finish and it has the tabs for the smart cover (cannot remove smart cover when case is on). My previous dark smoky case did not have the tabs.

The overall quality, fit and finish seem less than my first black/smoky case. For $1.99 it is still a killer deal. I opted for the slow shipping this time and it took about 4 weeks to arrive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0899.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	399806  
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:14 AM   #49
Blk98Cobra
macrumors newbie

I want a locking smokes case damn it! Lol. I asked the seller when they would be in but no reply yet.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:24 AM   #50
Roy Hobbs
macrumors 68000

The red one I ordered shipped on Febraury 1st and I have yet to receive it
Roy Hobbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories