Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fertilized-egg

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2009
Seconded. I figured I just missed that somewhere.

What IS anticipated for spring release?

Almost exactly a year ago Mountain Lion was announced. If OSX is really on an annual update schedule, we should hear about it soon enough.

Using my iPad, I still find the old large size to serve me better than the smaller Mini's display size for my preference. If they can cut down the weight, that'll be great.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Seconded. I figured I just missed that somewhere.

What IS anticipated for spring release?

Maybe based on the iPad 5 cases becoming available in China, an iPad 5. Then again, Apple seems to prefer bunching up their releases lately, so maybe we'll get the next iPhone, the iPad 5 and iPad Mini 2 in June/July.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Can't be any worse than someone using their iPad in public to take photos.

It is worse IMO.
I don't take pics with my iPad but someone could be on a scenario where is having a coffee and browsing the net. Something interesting happen and "snap" a pic or video with it. Nothing wrong! Having an 10" iPad hanged on your finger with strap on the other hand..........:rolleyes:

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
are we seriously going to see a new ipad soon ? Didn´t apple just release one?

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
If Apple are planning to announce the next iPad in early March as they have done the past few years then Tuesday March 5 would be a good day to announce the iPad 5. That would mean media event invitations going out sometime today (Tuesday). I hope I'm right as I'm really looking forward to getting hold of the new design.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
If Apple are planning to announce the next iPad in early March as they have done the past few years then Tuesday March 5 would be a good day to announce the iPad 5. That would mean media event invitations going out sometime today (Tuesday). I hope I'm right as I'm really looking forward to getting hold of the new design.

With the run up to a release in the past the rumours in the final month stopped being about leaked pictures and parts and what the specs of the device was going to be and started focussing on *when* the announcement event would take place - unless things have radically changed, I think it's extremely unlikely we will be seeing any event in the near future.

spacehog371

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2003
Iphone mic in the back is for ambient noise canceling for cellular calls... Unless the new ipad is going to have the ability to make calls a mic in the back makes no sense!

The mic is also used for recording audio when using the rear camera.

Also, the iPad can make facetime calls, no? Along with calls through Skype and any other platform. Why exactly would a mic be useless for calls?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.