Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
I still want to rebuild a Dreamcast collection. One of my future goals after finding a couple more N64 games I miss.

Wow, Dreamcast. That brings back memories too.I loved that fishing game they had with the fishing pole controller. I'm contemplating picking up a Gamecube just so I can play Zelda Wind waker again :D

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin
My first pair of Vibrams: KMD Sport

3d355fb2-af2e-4166-88aa-6fa4f93c2b5c.jpg

I hope they fit!

You mean you didn't try them on before you bought them?

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I still want to rebuild a Dreamcast collection. One of my future goals after finding a couple more N64 games I miss.

Wow, Dreamcast. That brings back memories too.I loved that fishing game they had with the fishing pole controller. I'm contemplating picking up a Gamecube just so I can play Zelda Wind waker again :D

I happened to find a Dreamcast on eBay for $1.38 about a minute before it ended. I never owned one when they were first out. It was awesome to get one.

Right now all of my "vintage" stuff is in storage, but I wouldn't let it go.

At home:
360 and PS3 (both launch models)

In storage:
NES (x2)
Original Gameboy
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Dreamcast
Xbox
PS1
PS2

Had but sold:
Sega Genesis
DS Lite
DSi
PSP
Atari 2600 (x2)
Wii

I guess I am a bit of a collector. I worked at GameStop for a long time, so that fueled the addiction haha.

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
ordered from Amazon this morning, now to find a switch. My sink is on an island so I can't use a wall switch. Probably have to use a push button through the back of the sink.

a7aa4cc36d4dc72ff5b04d7.jpg

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
ordered from Amazon this morning, now to find a switch. My sink is on an island so I can't use a wall switch. Probably have to use a push button through the back of the sink.

I think my cousin's is like that. Her's isn't completely flat and has a bar on the other side so the switch is on that raised part. Not sure if yours is the same.

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
I think my cousin's is like that. Her's isn't completely flat and has a bar on the other side so the switch is on that raised part. Not sure if yours is the same.

Yeah, mine is completely flat. I am not sure if I have a spot left to put this, but I am thinking something like this.

I have already added a hand soap and dish soap pump to my kitchen sink. Hopefully there is one more knockout. I can't tell from the top and I am at work right now.

InSinkErator-STC-SN-rw-12362-4068.jpg

jkeekij

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Drobo Mini
750gb WD Black 2.5" x4
Kingston mSATA SSD

Attachments

• SMS100S264G.jpg
    SMS100S264G.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 78
  • mini.png
    mini.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 92
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 2,019

MBPiPTiMiP4S

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2012
Canon Pixma Pro-100 Professional Inkjet Printer.

Attachments

• tumblr_miukf6jF7E1rxyb1vo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_miukf6jF7E1rxyb1vo1_500.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 75

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
Initially I did a RAID 0 of all 4 disks which gave me very good throughput.

That's before I figured out that you can created nested RAIDs in OS X, so now I'm using RAID 10. Read is up there at 800MB/s, but writes are now limited to about 450MB/s (incompressible data).

I'm using this for my photos and videos, so at the cost of performance I gain redundancy.

I found two more annoyances… I can hear the fan and the fact that I need to use mains power will affect the portability of this.

I use raid 10, or raid 1+0 all the time for database server configurations, it works well for high availability, I like it, and that's great throughput (going to recommend something like this to a customer for a busy 1tb database that's read from more often than not). Bummer on fan noise, I can't stand any. One of the reasons I am now fully mac is the laptop I last had - the alienware m17x - sounded like a jet at takeoff more often than not!

----------

Drobo Mini
750gb WD Black 2.5" x4
Kingston mSATA SSD

oh, I want one of these. Can you tell me, how's throughput and fan noise? Are you using the SSD in the enclosure or is it all rotational? Thanks

Jumpshooter43

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2013
images

If you are looking for a motivator this is great. I just got it last week and i am addicted.

Works great for sports, ie basketball and running.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Mom wanted keypad phone for traveling. Found this on Craig's for $90, mint condition. :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_1070.JPG
    IMG_1070.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 96

jkeekij

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
oh, I want one of these. Can you tell me, how's throughput and fan noise? Are you using the SSD in the enclosure or is it all rotational? Thanks

No real measured speed tests so far, but transfer over thunderbolt is pretty awesome. The fan is noticeable, but it doesn’t really bother me too much. My old Drobo was one of the big units and it was noisy, but it was under my desk on a stand. I have this one up top so I can tell a difference.

I have the 4 750's in the internal bays and the SSD is in the slot on the bottom and it is used for "Hot Data Cache".

So far pretty happy with it.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I happened to find a Dreamcast on eBay for $1.38 about a minute before it ended. I never owned one when they were first out. It was awesome to get one.

Only reason I'd get a N64 is for Conker's Bad Fur Day and only way I'd get a Dreamcast is for House of the Dead 2. My childhood memories!

If you are looking for a motivator this is great. I just got it last week and i am addicted.

Yeah I love mine, at first I wasn't hitting my goals, but I've been on a streak for almost 2 weeks now and I have no clue what I'm doing to hit them. Seem's like I'm doing the same things, but guess I'm being more active.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Not my picture, obviously, but one of these (Silver Edition), a 16GB and 32GB MicoSD's, and the Hero3 Tripod mount.

0000-GoPro-HD-Motorsports-Hero-3-Silver-Edition---.jpg

*Hopefully the picture shows up, I stole it from Google Image search.

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
No real measured speed tests so far, but transfer over thunderbolt is pretty awesome. The fan is noticeable, but it doesn’t really bother me too much. My old Drobo was one of the big units and it was noisy, but it was under my desk on a stand. I have this one up top so I can tell a difference.

I have the 4 750's in the internal bays and the SSD is in the slot on the bottom and it is used for "Hot Data Cache".

So far pretty happy with it.

awesome, thanks. Could you post a blackmagic test score ?

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Got a HHKB Pro2, Realforce 103, but now I have found the love of my computing life. Realforce 87U Tenkeyless. It is so wonderful to type on, and so wonderful to use because it is not a full length board. The other realforce is going back. Not my pic, because the keyboard sits at work.

Farns514

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago

I bought the Nike Fuelband as well and can confirm it is a great motivator. Everyone is always asking about it, and now a couple people at work want one.

Bought some Nike Flyknits as well for $86.
the-nike-flyknit-trainer-running-shoe.html

Rum Runner

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Just picked up a new 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T and it came with a 16gb iPad and smart cover both of which say Cadillac. These are not my images.

Attachments

• Cadillac ATS.jpg
    Cadillac ATS.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 34i5yq8.jpg
    34i5yq8.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 107

Lurchdubious

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2008
Texas

So I had forgotten I wanted one of these, saw your post, went to their website........and 5 minutes later found out my wife bought me one for my birthday next month, hahaha.

So indirectly, you just ruined my birthday! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.