Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:05 AM   #1
thorpey0
macrumors member

Remove slide to unlock?

I am using AndroidLock XT and wondered if it was possible to remove 'slide to unlock' so I can just use AndroidLock on its own?

Thanks
thorpey0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:10 AM   #2
Mac?Daddy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpey0 View Post
I am using AndroidLock XT and wondered if it was possible to remove 'slide to unlock' so I can just use AndroidLock on its own?

Thanks
Springtomize 2 (available in Cydia) can do this for you
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:12 AM   #3
thorpey0
macrumors member

I already have Springtomize 2. I tried - Lockscreen - Hide Knob but this does not remove the need to 'slide to unlock' am I missing something?

Thanks

Last edited by thorpey0; Feb 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:22 AM   #4
Mac?Daddy
macrumors member

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I have Springtomize but guessing it is the first one? I will have a look, thanks.

Edit....

I already have Springtomize 2. I tried - Lockscreen - Hide Knob but this does not remove the need to 'slide to unlock' am I missing something?

Thanks
Turn "Custom Label" to ON and leave the spot where you enter the custom label blank, this will get rid of the slide to unlock text
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:34 AM   #5
Mac.World
Banned

Slidetomod is the tweak you want.
Mac.World is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:48 AM   #6
thorpey0
macrumors member

Installed Slidetomod - It warns that you should choose an activator or risk not being able to go to the home screen.

Will AndroidLock XT work as an activator or do I need something else? THanks

Last edited by thorpey0; Feb 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 01:04 AM   #7
Mac.World
Banned

Quote:
Installed Slidetomod - It warns that you should choose an activator or risk not being able to go to the home screen.

Will AndroidLock XT work as an activator or do I need something else? THanks
You can keep AndroidLock xt, just make sure you also use activator to have a way to unlock your phone, JUST IN CASE. 2 finger slide up from bottom or something like that. Use a gesture that isn't common or something that would accidentally unlock your phone. Since activator is behind the scenes and there is nothing visible, it won't interfere with the look of your theme.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 07:15 AM   #8
thorpey0
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post
You can keep AndroidLock xt, just make sure you also use activator to have a way to unlock your phone, JUST IN CASE. 2 finger slide up from bottom or something like that. Use a gesture that isn't common or something that would accidentally unlock your phone. Since activator is behind the scenes and there is nothing visible, it won't interfere with the look of your theme.
Even though I have installed Slidetomod and turned on 'Unlock Bar' under 'Hide Elements' I still have to slide to unlock my phone. Am I doing something wrong. I have tried using 'hide knob' in Springtomize at the same time and instead of Slidetomod but nothing is working when I respring or reboot. Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong? Should Slidetomod work with any theme I have installed?

Basically I would like to just have AndroidLock when I wake the phone up to save having to slide to unlock then type in my passcode.

Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2012, 07:19 AM   #9
patent10021
macrumors 68000

I'd love to have only Android XT and the camera button on my lock screen.

Wonder if this is possible.

Btw, isn't there a minimize option in AXT where you can have the slider AND AXT? That way I could have both.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 07:23 AM   #10
thorpey0
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patent10021 View Post
I'd love to have only Android XT and the camera button on my lock screen.

Wonder if this is possible.

Btw, isn't there a minimize option in AXT where you can have the slider AND AXT? That way I could have both.
I have set up Activator to launch the camera when I hold the home button in, you can do it while the phone is asleep so its faster than having the button on the lock screen.

Have you got AXT set up without slide to lock? Is it possible? Any idea why SlideToMod ain't working?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 08:55 AM   #11
patent10021
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I have set up Activator to launch the camera when I hold the home button in, you can do it while the phone is asleep so its faster than having the button on the lock screen.

Have you got AXT set up without slide to lock? Is it possible? Any idea why SlideToMod ain't working?
I am try to stay away from the home button as it's sticky and doesn't work like it did when it was brand new AND the next iPhone won't have a home button so....It feels great not having to need the home button. I tap the status bar once to get home no matter where I am.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:02 AM   #12
Mac.World
Banned

Quote:
Even though I have installed Slidetomod and turned on 'Unlock Bar' under 'Hide Elements' I still have to slide to unlock my phone. Am I doing something wrong. I have tried using 'hide knob' in Springtomize at the same time and instead of Slidetomod but nothing is working when I respring or reboot. Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong? Should Slidetomod work with any theme I have installed?

Basically I would like to just have AndroidLock when I wake the phone up to save having to slide to unlock then type in my passcode.

Thanks
Sounds like your theme is overriding slidetomod, or something else you have installed is.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:38 PM   #13
dss101010
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac?Daddy View Post
Turn "Custom Label" to ON and leave the spot where you enter the custom label blank, this will get rid of the slide to unlock text
yea i did that and i hit the top button and i dont know how to get back in my ipod... because the slider is not there... also i never changed anything on the activator app so how do i get in.
dss101010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:16 AM   #14
Happytodd
macrumors regular

I'm not sure if it'll help but there was a tweak called NoLockScreen that worked really well on iOS 4 and 5. Still works on iOS6 but you still see the graphics as the device unlocks itself automatically!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:29 AM   #15
Kroller
macrumors newbie

you should try Tap to unlock ios5 in cydia..i use it for my windows phone 7 LS and it clear everything on my lockscreen
Kroller is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:49 AM   #16
iRooney
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I am try to stay away from the home button as it's sticky and doesn't work like it did when it was brand new AND the next iPhone won't have a home button so....It feels great not having to need the home button. I tap the status bar once to get home no matter where I am.
How do you know the next iPhone won't have a home button?
iRooney is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:08 PM   #17
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRooney View Post
How do you know the next iPhone won't have a home button?
Well not to put to fine a point on it but patent10021real name is Tim

So........ you do the math

Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:11 PM   #18
XboxMySocks
macrumors 68000

Quote:
the next iPhone won't have a home button so....
lmao

Anyway, the tweak I use is called Trickslide. It can remove the function of the slider entirely.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 02:13 PM   #19
mikeydeezy
macrumors 6502a

AndroidLockXT has a Tap to Unlock function built in under the "Behavior" setting.

I admittedly didn't read every post in this topic but that's something that should be mentioned.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks