Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
You're not seroius, are you? What the **** has to do shaving pubic hair with striong male roles?

Seeing as I've already answered that, I think you and I are done.

It seems that I was right, it is only anti same sex marriage ******** and nothing more

Hey if you want to deem yourself 'right', go ahead, knock yourself out.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Sorry gay people...us straight people were also born this way too...we feel what you do is unnatural. Seeing as nature gave you lil soldiers yet you have no desire to use them tells me you were not as nature intended.

Stop trying to make it anything other than that. You aren't inferior, just unnatural. Seeing as you feel there is no God, and we are just animals, then why expect us to somehow feel different or be open to your logic? Since its unnatural, we were born to be opposed to it. It's all biological Baby!

You guys are being hypocritical to force this down our throats. This has nothing to do with the bible and everything to do with simple biology.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Sorry gay people...us straight people were also born this way too...we feel what you do is unnatural.

No, you feel its unnatural. Im straight and I don't agree with you at all, nor do many others. Please don't speak for anyone but yourself.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Sorry gay people...us straight people were also born this way too...we feel what you do is unnatural. Seeing as nature gave you lil soldiers yet you have no desire to use them tells me you were not as nature intended.

Stop trying to make it anything other than that. You aren't inferior, just unnatural. Seeing as you feel there is no God, and we are just animals, then why expect us to somehow feel different or be open to your logic? Since its unnatural, we were born to be opposed to it. It's all biological Baby!

You guys are being hypocritical to force this down our throats. This has nothing to do with the bible and everything to do with simple biology.

Who's we? I'm straight and I don't feel what they do is unnatural. And as a straight person, I have absolutely no desire to have children. Am I unnatural too?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
The Bible. It has been around for thousands of years. Try google. Or don't.

I need the help of some enlightened being. Can you please point it out? Failure to do so will result in confirmation that you are full of it.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Who's we? I'm straight and I don't feel what they do is unnatural. And as a straight person, I have absolutely no desire to have children. Am I unnatural too?

You cannot seriously think that you are part of some majority and that gay marriage is only banned because our current government is full of right wing Christians making Americas choices based on good, Christian values...could you?

So why else do you think it still isn't accepted?

Furthermore, alot of you people all seem to think this is a Christian based issue. Why? Society, all throughout history, hasnt accepted it. Long before Jesus became cool. There are reasons that go much deeper than people's "silly" religions.

Last edited:

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
You cannot seriously think that you are part of some majority and that gay marriage is only banned because our current government is full of right wing Christians making Americas choices based on good, Christian values...could you?

Recognition of same-sex marriage is only banned in some places (fewer and fewer as time goes on). Since you've ruled out right wing Christians being in charge stopping it, I expect the acceptance to continue to expand.

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Reading through this thread it's even more clear to me why Apple and the other companies mentioned should stick to running their businesses and leave issues like this to the people and their politicians to decide. Apple is already far too interfering in the way they police the AppStore without adding to it. This law does not impact on Apple whichever way it goes and as such they have no business interfering in the democratic process.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011

The percentage of Americans who support gay marriage as of late 2012 was 51% and growing. That's up from 39% just four years earlier. Among young adults it is an even more impressive 73% in support.

It is inevitable that those who oppose gay marriage will find themselves increasingly marginalized in the not too distant future.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
The percentage of Americans who support gay marriage as of late 2012 was 51% and growing. That's up from 39% just four years earlier. Among young adults it is an even more impressive 73% in support.

It is inevitable that those who oppose gay marriage will find themselves increasingly marginalized in the not too distant future.

Anyone can go find a statistic to fit the bill. If they are for it, why arent they voting for it on the ballots? Seems if 51% were for it, they would have also voted for it.

How about you forfeit health care and tax incentives? Then we will see how bad you want marriage.

Gravity

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2002
Chicago
silly

So since we are breaking this barrier, I can marry my dog now right?

That's just silly. What "barrier" is being breached here? Religious? That's easy, the government shouldn't be dictating which religion to follow, nor what each religion should believe.

Just because we are not accustomed to a different social more doesn't make it "wrong."

I personally believe "marriage" is a term for religion, "civil union" is a term for government. And if a person is willing to COMMIT to another PERSON (no animals, that's just silly), they should get all the rights and tax breaks as anybody else. Gay or Hetero.

It's not gonna rip a new anus in the fabric of space and time. And what people wanna do in their own homes... if it's legal and harmless, who the hell cares.

My heterosexuality is not threatened by another's homosexuality. They got theirs and that's fine by me.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Children have the right to have a male and a female parent. I'm not saying that heterosexual parents are automatically good for kids, because that is not true, but what is true is that same sex parents could not provide the necessary psychological male/female role models for young children, even if they wanted to because they will be by definition the same sex.

By endorsing 'same sex marriages' the concept of a male and female role model being necessary for a healthy upbringing is implicitly recognised as not necessary. This is the real harm. So it makes it even more difficult than it already is to undo much of the damage that has been allowed to happen.

Children should be taught toleration for the lifestyle that people choose to live, including homosexual couples however they should also be told that it is not condoned as a healthy psychological choice.

Children have the right to parents that love them. I said this earlier in the thread, but I'll say it again. Can we stop focusing on who the parents are, and instead focus on how good they are?

I have two children - two healthy, happy, intelligent, loving children. They have plenty of male influences that surround them. 3 Grandfathers (though, one has since passed away), 2 uncles, many cousins, and many of my own friends.

Having 2 parents doesn't automatically equate into good parenting. Having a male influence doesn't autmotically equate into being a good influence. If Casey Anthony gets married and has another child, do you honestly believe that her kids are better off than mine? That's one example, of course - but raising children isn't something that should be generalized. And there are a million examples of bad parenting coming from heterosexual families. There are also a million examples of children being hurt by divorce. Why not campaign against divorce?

----------

Anyone can go find a statistic to fit the bill. If they are for it, why arent they voting for it on the ballots? Seems if 51% were for it, they would have also voted for it.

How about you forfeit health care and tax incentives? Then we will see how bad you want marriage.

In the November elections, all 4 states that had it on the ballot voted for it.

Times, they are a changing....

Gravity

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2002
Chicago

You're calling homosexuality unnatural?

I say it's a species-wide response to overpopulation... studies of mice show the incidence of homosexuality increases exponentially when they become overpopulated. Stressor hormones produced by the mothers (under duress from crowding) interferes with typical hormonal activity that's part of fetal development. One could ARGUE, quite rightly, that natural selection has created within all mammalian species the ability to birth a certain percentage of non-breeders within the population during times of overcrowding. It's quite elegant, really.

Our gay brethern and sisters are "taking one for the team" so to speak. Most of them lack the drive to procreate with the opposite sex, slowing population growth (to an extent).

So... it's NATURAL. Just not what you're used to.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

Yet it passed on all 4 ballots it was on this past November. Of course, 51% can't vote for it as it isn't on the ballot in all states. But it was a nice try.

Clearly you don't understand what this issue is about, so I'll spell it out for you. It's about civil rights. It's about gay people having the same marriage rights and all the benefits that go along with it as straight people. Why are you afraid of others having the same rights as you?

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011

Gay marriage has in fact been approved by the voters in several states. The number of which is likely to grow over time anyway. The bigger issue here is federal law. Even with the majority of Americans against it, the minority elected Republican house continues to try and defend DOMA.

Okay, please stop assuming that someone has to be gay in order to support the idea of gay marriage.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
You're calling homosexuality unnatural?

I say it's a species-wide response to overpopulation... studies of mice show the incidence of homosexuality increases exponentially when they become overpopulated. Stressor hormones produced by the mothers (under duress from crowding) interferes with typical hormonal activity that's part of fetal development. One could ARGUE, quite rightly, that natural selection has created within all mammalian species the ability to birth a certain percentage of non-breeders within the population during times of overcrowding. It's quite elegant, really.

Our gay brethern and sisters are "taking one for the team" so to speak. Most of them lack the drive to procreate with the opposite sex, slowing population growth (to an extent).

So... it's NATURAL. Just not what you're used to.

Yea, okay. Then why do they have lil soldiers and still have the drive to HAVE SEX? I may look like a bigot, but after your commment, you look like a proper nut.

Aside from the reasons that most are opposed, I am also opposed to you guys getting tax benefits. There, plain and simple. Same reason why I am opposed to illegal immigration. Tax reasons.

Have fun, not being married. Im out.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Yea, okay. Then why do they have lil soldiers and still have the drive to HAVE SEX? I may look like a bigot, but after your commment, you look like a proper nut.

You don't look like a bigot. Your posts are bigoted though.

And those with defenseless positions do what they usually do, post bigoted responses and when called out on them, they take their ball and go home.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011

Aside from the reasons that most are opposed, I am also opposed to you guys getting tax benefits. There, plain and simple. Same reason why I am opposed to illegal immigration. Tax reasons.

Why do men have nipples? They don't need them. They have no functional purpose (except perhaps to be the bane of creationists).

Again with the "you" thing. You just refuse to accept that many straight people support this.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
You don't look like a bigot. Your posts are bigoted though.

And those with defenseless positions do what they usually do, post bigoted responses and when called out on them, they take their ball and go home.

Im not bowing out of this because I was called out, Im leaving because the discussion is turning straight up rediculous. Next I expect to read theories related to extraterrestrials and how gays actually more than human, or some such BS along those lines.

There is no bottom to this debate, so its pointless to continue anymore. Both sides are at a stalemate, like I figured. Plus, I have work to do. Also, my iPhone battery is getting low...

Business really ought to **** about issues like this, especially when they are publicly traded.

Good luck finding happiness.

----------

Why do men have nipples? They don't need them. They have no functional purpose (except perhaps to be the bane of creationists).

Again with the "you" thing. You just refuse to accept that many straight people support this.

What else would they have there?:D Seriously, why only two arms when three is much more useful?

I agree many straights are for this, but not the majority.

melendezest

Suspended
Jan 28, 2010
Apart of waste elimination?
Well, yes. But I was keeping it within the context of sexual activity.

Some people choose to incorporate the two in sexual activity, but again, this is deviant to the purpose of the organs' functions..;)

BobVB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2002
Can you be more precise as to which claims you are referring. I'll be happy to elaborate.

According to studies...[/I] Thems a soundin like weasel words. If you tighten up your question I'll be happy to answer.

You are the one who brought up 'male and female role models' without any suggestion of what that means. Again, the 'weasel words' you complain about are just saying I don't know of any 'roles' that are strictly male or female or provided by males vs females.

So the first clarification are what you think these role models are? Not some Ozzie and Harriet fantasy I hope.

And what it has to do with civil marriage - since kids are going to be raised by parents regardless of if they are civilly married or not I don't see how the 'role model' complaint applies to the current topic.

We can agree that no matter what child rearing situation you think is best, it is universally better for kids to have civilly married parents than not, right?

As such, what do the kids you injected in the argument have to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.