Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Temple Run: Oz has hit the App Store, the second movie tie-in for Imangi after Temple Run: Brave last year. Both movies are Disney flicks, with the latest version set in the land of Oz. Oz the Great and Powerful takes place before the famous 'Wizard of Oz', setting up the backstory for how the Wizard made his way to the land.

Gameplay is similar to other Temple Run titles -- the latest of which has been downloaded more than fifty million times -- an endless runner with a few special power ups added in. Our sister-site Touch Arcade gave this description of the changes from the other versions of TR:
Temple Run: Oz is built on the same engine as Temple Run 2, so the visuals are top notch and there's a much more natural and flowing feel to the landscape in its levels. Like Temple Run: Brave and its arrow shooting mechanic, Temple Run: Oz also looks to add its own personal touch with a hot-air balloon flying segment, which is really just a tilt-based coin collect-a-thon but breaks up the action and has a cool epic feel. There are also dynamic hazards you need to be careful of, like a crumbling statue that will block your path or an enemy that swoops in from the sky that you'll need to quickly duck under.
Temple Run: Oz is a universal app available for $0.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'Temple Run: Oz' Movie Tie-In Goes Live on App Store

Zaqfalcon

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2010
Thought this was the Australian version! You think you're heading in the right direction but end up in the middle of nowhere and need to be rescued by the police.

Renzatic

Suspended
We're off to see the wizard!
The wonderful wizard of Oz!
We hear he is a wiz of a wiz
If ever a wiz there was
The Wizard of Oz is one becau...

cliff.jpg

...AHHHHHHHHHHH

Detrius

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2008
Apex, NC
That video is painful to watch. It's like they don't know about the Oz books, and they don't know how to play Temple Run 2.

tfigs

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2012
couldn't resist

Been playing Temple Run 2 steady for the past 2 weeks. For 99 cents, I couldn't resist Oz. Nice update to the game. I think worth the 99 cents.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
I hate these Temple Run games. Visually they are great but just couldn't get on with the game play.

Cookieman789

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2013
My six year old is a junkie for the Temple Run Brave game. I still don't understand the appeal, but I'm sure she'll love this one as well.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I really hope Temple Run doesn't turn out to be like the now-extremely-annoying Angry Birds franchise. They have potential, but they're overdoing it imo.

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
AppStore should have a special section just for fleeing from unrelenting and inevitable doom games.
:D

runpandarun

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2013
target audience

Hi all,

Temple run is my one of the favourite game. So i want to know the target audience of that game.

How much females and males love this game.
A ratio between them. If anyone have any idea please share with me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.