Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
Forestall didn't work on OS X. Also, 10.8.1-3 are all updates for bug fixes.

10.8.2 brought facebook integration.

----------

nope...computer uses alot.

A laptop while not doing a CPU intensive task uses a very small amount of electricity. That's how it can go on doing it for 7 hours on battery.

A desktop uses more, but the display uses the most of it. So if your display is off, even if your Mac Pro, or iMac isn't on sleep, unless it's doing a CPU intensive task, its power draw will be lower. Still though, having it open the entire night will effect your bill. My Mac Pro uses 230Watts on idle. Display (30") uses almost as much. iMacs use a lot less though.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
hard to say when this will come out but 10.7.3 update came out feb 1st so maybe around the same timeframe for 10.8.3?

sirtekalot

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2010
Sucks to be me

Why must we pay for betas? I know the money aspect; but really. :( I'm too broke to renew my dev account and I'm stuck on 12D32. Sucks to be me.

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
Why must we pay for betas? I know the money aspect; but really. :( I'm too broke to renew my dev account and I'm stuck on 12D32. Sucks to be me.

Because betas are not for people who want's to play smart. It's for developers who need to test their apps with the updated API's before release of the OS.

JazJon

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2008
I'm glad to know Windows 8 Bootcamp support is coming in 10.8.3.

I'm itching to get this for my new MacMini ! HDMI Audio isn't working in Windows 8 (works in Win 7) so I've been forced to use SPDIF Toslink audio out for my Media Center DVR setup for now. This isn't compatible with my new SlingBox HDMI 500 though.

LastMinuteMike

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2012
The installer includes a feature list:

The 10.8.3 update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users and includes features and fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including the following:
• The ability to redeem iTunes gift cards in the Mac App Store using your Mac's built-in camera
• Boot Camp support for installing Windows 8
• Boot Camp support for Macs with a 3TB hard drive
• A fix for an issue that may cause Logic Pro to become unresponsive when using certain plug-ins
• A fix for an issue that may cause audio to stutter on 2011 iMacs
• Includes Safari 6.0.3

Yay, BootCamp!

kensic

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2013
sick! i will wait for windows 8 drivers before putting windows on to my mac.

yay! glad i read this, almost installed windows 7

so does that mean, when we go to download the drivers support...it will give us an option of downloading for wins 7 or 8?

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
For the love of god how much longer can Apple drag Windows 8 drivers out.

Obviously a pretty long time.

But for the most part I don't think much is really needed. I've been running Windows 8 just fine for months now on my Macbook, sure there's been a little trouble shooting required but nothing major.

JazJon

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2008
For the love of god how much longer can Apple drag Windows 8 drivers out.

seriously, I'm not able to get HDMI Audio in Windows 8, not happy in device manager. (luckily SPDIF Toslink from the sound card works for now)

That's the biggest thing I'm waiting for on my new mac mini win8 cablecard media center, everything else is working fine.

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
Did they fix the laggy UI on the rMBP? if not, I am going to change it before the 14 days.Please tell me

Ultra AleM

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
Italy
I Know the system lag gets annoying sometimes. Hopefully 10.8.3 will put a huge smile on our faces.

I need to know it this week! I am in the 14 days I can change it. I do not want to have a 2000$ machine that lags. It is ridiculos!

I want a machine that is super fast for the next 2-3 years. Is 10.8.3 fixing everything? And when is it coming out?

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I need to know it this week! I am in the 14 days I can change it. I do not want to have a 2000$ machine that lags. It is ridiculos!

I want a machine that is super fast for the next 2-3 years. Is 10.8.3 fixing everything? And when is it coming out?

Simple solution. Return your rMBP, then check it out again in the stores once 10.8.3 is out and see if it suits you.

Instachill

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2013
Help!...no sound, Windows8 on Mac

So I just bought Windows 8 and installed it(without bootcamp) over my old windows 7 partition(wich was installed with bootcamp). Everything works but now the max volume is so low(even on 100%) that it is almost nonexistent.
Pluging in my big speakers increases the sound but barely(still not enough to enjoy)...Please anyhelp would be appreciated.
___p.s. Is there a solution that does not involve a system restore, because I used up my only Win8 key installing it the first time. Thank You
Instachill is online now Report Post

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.