Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

varunmaini2011

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2012
India
Yahoo and Gmail not working Properly

I am facing the Same problem with setting up of my yahoo and Gmail account whenever i try to do it shows an error.Can Anybody tell me how to solve the problem of setting up my email accounts....

Warren.

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2012
Time Stopped

Had this issue this morning. I use my iPhone as my alarm clock. I woke by myself this morning and looked at my desk clock and it was 5:38am, my alarm on the iPhone is set for 5:30, and it did not go off. So I took a look, and the time it was showing on the phone was 6:46PM...it seems the 'clock' just stopped last night. I did a soft reset and it fixed itself. Checked my wife's iPhone, and her phone clocked was stopped at 7:14PM.

Anyone else have this happen?

Both phones are iPhone 5's.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
I am facing the Same problem with setting up of my yahoo and Gmail account whenever i try to do it shows an error.Can Anybody tell me how to solve the problem of setting up my email accounts....

Do you have 2 step validation turned on for google and have you added the device to your approved list of devices to access your google account?

meetsahay

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2012
Hi I am using iPhone 4S. When I click on the capture button of the camera, it is automatically shutting down. I am facing this issue often. Please guide me to resolve this issue

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
Sometimes when i plug in the lightning plug to charge my phone, my screen goes dark. Not black, but to the darkest setting, then I have to go back to the settings and adjust the brightness. I also have the auto brightness off. anyone else?

MacPC

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2006
Charging is not supported with this accessory

I got my brand new iPhone 5 a bit over a week ago, when I plug in a USB hub to charge it, I got "Charging is not supported with this accessory", what's up with that? Was it because I am not using an Apple USB hub? Ridiculous!

ttmall

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
My old iPhone 4 won't turn on. It had 80 percent battery life and turned off. I tried holding home and sleep, recovery mode, charging it on computer as well as outlet, nothing has worked, what gives?

Lovable992

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
I am having trouble with my iphone 4. It keeps freezing up on me when sending texts. It also tells me that the message was not sent, but the person actually got it. There are times that i will get a message, but have to shut it off and turn it back on for it to register. When i turn it off and then back on the screen is really dim and i have to go back into my settings every time to change it back. Is this a bug? I have an appointment scheduled with Apple this week. Help.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Since 6.0.1, if I put headphones in the jack, after I take them out, I can't control the ringer from the home screen with the volume buttons. I need to go into Settings>Sounds and change the ringer volume there. After I do that, I can control the ringer volume from the home screen with the volume buttons again until I use the headphone jack and remove the headphones again.

mpxdrmr

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2012
3gS updated

I updated my 3gS phone to the latest iOS 6. Ever since when I'm wi-fi connected at home, and only at home, I can no longer get facebook notifications, or updates. Also App store will not work properly. What gives?

SinkOrSwim

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
California
iPhone 5 on iOS 6.0.1:

Auto lock doesn't work.
Cellular data still accumulates even on wifi.

Is this a software issue specifically on iOS 6.0.1? I have an iPod touch on iOS 6.0.1 but never had this problem.

Egobudike

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
England
hii friends

Hi I am new to this forum...just joined in to discuss the qualities of iphone..i love my phone and it is the best phone among the ones which i am using or may be best among the ones available in the market..

noodleyhead

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2011
Sesame Street
iPhone 5 on iOS 6.0.1:

Auto lock doesn't work.
Cellular data still accumulates even on wifi.

Is this a software issue specifically on iOS 6.0.1? I have an iPod touch on iOS 6.0.1 but never had this problem.

I have the same issue of cellular data being accumulated even when on wifi on my iPhone 5. Are you on AT&T?

lg251

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
Canada
Not sure if it's a bug, but I don't think this has ever happened to me before iOS 6.1

When I receive a message (iMsg or sms) notification as BANNER, I can pull down on it and the NC comes with it. The more I pull down, the more the message notification banner disappears... Was pulling down the notification done by purpose? (I'm not talking about pulling down NC of course..!)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not sure if it's a bug, but I don't think this has ever happened to me before iOS 6.1

When I receive a message (iMsg or sms) notification as BANNER, I can pull down on it and the NC comes with it. The more I pull down, the more the message notification banner disappears... Was pulling down the notification done by purpose? (I'm not talking about pulling down NC of course..!)
It actually almost sounds like a new feature (improvement) rather than a bug, assuming this behavior wasn't there before iOS 6.1.

juleigh21

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2013
I phone 4, updated to 6.1.2 and now the phone won't work???? Help??? The Internet works, have taken to 3 different repairers and they are all stumped! Pls help:(

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
Wtf is this? Instead music app i sometimes get browser icon o_O
Iphone5 6.1.2 no jailbreak

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 117

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Wtf is this? Instead music app i sometimes get browser icon o_O
Iphone5 6.1.2 no jailbreak
You get the icon of whatever app is currently (or possibly last) was playing any kind of audio. So, if you are currently or were last listening to something online via a web site opened in Safari, then the music/sound controls will reflect that as being the app you would be controlling via those controls at that time.

----------

I phone 4, updated to 6.1.2 and now the phone won't work???? Help??? The Internet works, have taken to 3 different repairers and they are all stumped! Pls help:(
What exactly is the issue, and what exactly have you tried?

PRM137

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2013
South Coast NSW Australia
Prm

I have a new i5 and I can not get the videos I take to download onto my iPad ?
I can copy the video's to my computer and store them, but they will not Upload with iTunes when I sink?....anyone can help?

blakstar

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2013
I know it might have been addressed, but my battery very often gets stuck at a certain battery %, and I always have to reset it.
On time I reset the iphone (stuck at 35) after booting the battery is 37 %, strange. It wasn't connected to a charger or anything else

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.