Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Just and FYI, I have a 5s, updated the 8.1 last night and have neither of the issues mentioned. I didn't have them either after the 8.01 update. I'm one of the lucky ones I guess.

Cool, yeah so far on my 6 Plus, both of these issues seem to be fixed. However, 8.1 is still a pretty buggy os, with me still having safari crashing.

fotomarc

macrumors regular
May 8, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
My iPhone 6 Plus doesn't ring sometimes! It usually happens after I have watched a movie. Not sure if its software, or hardware.

Tried a full restore and hard reset. Seems ok, then it happens again!

The ringer is set to on and it's not on DND! I have to leave vibrate on ring to make sure I don't miss a call.

rza49311

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2007
iPhone 6 running IOS 8.1. Sometimes iMessage won't let me delete or share messages when you using the selection feature. The icons at the bottom are missing. I have to close iMessage, double tap the home button and swipe iMessage up then reopen for it to return. Yes, I've reported the bug to Apple. I've seen this happen twice in two weeks.

iiQPFJal.png

Abarth1200

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Picture messages.

When I select a picture through my photos and choose to send as a message I don't get the bar at the top to choose my contact, but as soon as I type the bar becomes visible. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415350127.800946.jpg

dave2010

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2014
Canberra
iPhone 6 overheating on 8.1.1

The software upgraded yesterday and then I noticed my iPhone 6 was hot all day. Last night it was really hot and I could see the battery life dropping as I looked at it.
Tried a hard reset and I'll see how it goes.
Anyone else experiencing this?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The software upgraded yesterday and then I noticed my iPhone 6 was hot all day. Last night it was really hot and I could see the battery life dropping as I looked at it.
Tried a hard reset and I'll see how it goes.
Anyone else experiencing this?
Probably some process got stuck on the phone after an update. Happens here and there to some people at times. Usually restarting gets it resolved.

IronFXVietNam

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2014
I have been having the same problem with smart playlists and called apple support- their answer was, and I quote, that iphone does not support smart playlists at this time, and I should created folders... Can't wait for the update

mrw822

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2014
I have downloaded a ringtone 3 times and it keeps disappearing....I have the 64gb iPhone 6 plus. Please help

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
I have downloaded a ringtone 3 times and it keeps disappearing....I have the 64gb iPhone 6 plus. Please help

Hi, New here and to iPhone. I also have the six plus and have this issue. In doing a search I have read many others with this problem going back years on the older models. I can't believe Apple hasn't addressed this issue. I have 12 days to go on my trial of the phone, not sure this is a deal breaker or not but personally I have a hard time listening to the supplied ringtones. Also, where the heck do my paid for ringtones go? I cannot find them on the phone at all, anywhere. Never had this issue on any other phone ever. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks.

addisonappsted

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2015
Google Map is crashing everytime. Apart from this setting up an email account is not done properly in Yahoo as well as in Gmail

blondee028

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2014
Las Vegas
Bug in the new iPhone 6 plus

I have the new iPhone 6 plus and having a major issue. I called my carrier and they told me its a issue Apple is having because many people are having the same problem. In return they connected me to Apple the girl walked me thru the process gave me a case number and 10 minutes after I got off the phone it happened again.
I have iMessages turned on and it working on my iPhone, iPad and iMac . Then randomly my iPhone turns imessages off by itself. So i turn it back on , it works for maybe a day and shuts itself off. When this happens I get no messages on my iPhone they only come to my iMac and iPad. Its really ticking me off, they you by a new phone and expect it to work. Not only that you pay more per month than what you were paying its like you get punished for upgrading. I know there are a lot of people out there that are with ATT having this issue. I have tried everything to resetting the network and it keeps happening. Any suggestions?? Anyone else have this issue. You know when you go to send a text to someone who has immessage it is green instead of blue..then check to see if iMessage is on and it says its off . and you get no messages. HELP

Mehdi998

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2015
Hi...
I'm new here and i cant speak english i'm so sorry...
I'm in iran and here we don't have any apple store so we dont have warranty too.
I bought my iphone 6 for 2mounts and i neve drop my phone even once...
But in these days when i press top of the lcd on the left side i heard a sound like pup or knock... I dont know but i feel loose my lcd...
I don't know what should to do...
It's realy going to crazy me...
Please help me... I'm saynig again: my english is not good
Help me... In iran we don't have any service...

lsh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
can't hear caller - iPhone 6 and 6+

I have an iPhone 6+ and my daughter an iPhone 6. In the last couple of days, both of us have had an issue where we receive a call but can't hear the caller. The caller hears us.
I have the latest iOS 8.1.3 (I don't know about my daughters).
It clears up with a reset.

I would ignore it one time but since we both had the problem within days, I'm wondering if others have this problem too or if you have thoughts on the cause???

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have an iPhone 6+ and my daughter an iPhone 6. In the last couple of days, both of us have had an issue where we receive a call but can't hear the caller. The caller hears us.

I would ignore it one time but since we both had the problem within days, I'm wondering if others have this problem too or if you have thoughts on the cause???
What carrier? Have you tried restarting the phone? Perhaps even resetting network settings on the phone?

OwlDude

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Trouble with Iphone 6 text tones

Hi all...Since the last upgrade, I can not get my iphone 6 to use the text tone I choose (tweet) it won't budge from the default. I've done a hard reboot...that didn't work. Any one else have this problem and if so...what to do.

Thanks

blondee028

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2014
Las Vegas

I have the 6+ my son has the 6 he had the same problem with the speaker .he returned it to Apple it was defective..check the volume buttons first if not return

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.