Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Ashton Kutcher's Jobs has reportedly been delayed for an undetermined amount of time according to The Hollywood Reporter so distributors could have more time to market the movie. The film had a planned release of April 19 after it was screened at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year.

NewImage1.png
Open Road Films is pushing back the release of Jobs, which was scheduled to hit theaters on April 19, the 37th anniversary of the founding of the Apple Computer. A new date has yet to be determined (the film was previously titled jOBS).
Reviews for the film were mixed, though Kutcher's performance was praised.

Article Link: Release of Ashton Kutcher's 'Jobs' Delayed

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
In other news, I stubbed my toe today.

I figure they both matter about as much :rolleyes:

The other film is the one worth waiting for.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Huh?

Every Apple fan in the world is going to see this at least once.

If it's bad, they have no hope of preventing the backlash.

If it's good, they have no hope of containing the hoopla.

Just release the ****ing thing, it's not like it can be changed.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Push all the way to straight to DVD or Netflix. With Ashton Kutcher makes more sense.

PinoyAko

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2012
I don't like Ashton but I am not going to judge how he portrayed the character without me watching it first.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I don't like Ashton but I am not going to judge how he portrayed the character without me watching it first.

Too bad so many others are not mature enough to see things like you do. Instead they form a prejudice and think they are cool because of it.

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
Did I miss when the film was renamed, or was that just slipped in? (and no, searching doesn't help, too common terms on this site)

mushroomtip

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
we have a better chance in seeing God before we see this released in Theaters !

can you say " straight to DVD " ?

JayCee842

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2013
Come on guys, can't we at least be a little hopeful and positive for this movie? I mean, how bad can it be?

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Anyone that wants to know more about Steve Jobs would benefit from Walter Isaacson's biography of him. This movie would have to been given glowing reviews for me to even consider watching it. I waited 6 weeks to see The Fellowship Of The Ring, only grudgingly going to see when a friend reassured me that it hadn't made of a mess of the well loved story. The early reviews weren't that good for this Jobs flick and I suspect there was creative licensing distorting an otherwise good story. Maybe they are delaying it to re-edit it? It would of been interesting if Mac Rumors had posted a poll with this story asking whether or not we intend to see it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.