Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chancecrail

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2013
I'm trying to upgrade my media storage workflow as to better prepare myself for a larger bulk of video editing projects. (I shoot using a Nikon D600, edit using both Apple and Adobe pro suites.)

I know that what I should do is buy a server and use that to edit (reading media storage directly to the chipset is always faster than editing from an external array, of course) but I don't have the cash to spend on a new machine.
So, instead, I plan on buying a Pegasus R4 to attach to my early 2011 MacBook Pro.

The question I have is this:
Can I fit 1TB 3.5in 10kRPM VelociRaptors in a Pegasus array? Or do the mongo-heat sinks prevent them from fitting? I've never actually been able to get my hands on a Pegasus array so I'm not sure if it would physically fit inside the bay. I assume they would, but I'm not going to spend all that dough and find out that nothing fits, so I thought I'd ask.

If anyone has any other ideas about my workflow (other than feeling a need to yell at me about using external arrays with a MacBook) let me know.

Thanks,
C.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.