Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2006
San Diego
Finally got my update!

EDIT: I think this is just the AT&T update. :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-30-19-58-15.png
    Screenshot_2013-05-30-19-58-15.png
    255 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
It says 5.0.569008

Yep so as PeterG2 says. All the fixes except camera update.

----------

Finally got my update!

EDIT: I think this is just the AT&T update. :(

Its still got the capacitive button fixes, general performance and volume / boom sound fixes.

We're not quite sure why they didn't update the camera on your software update compared to some of us in other 'global regions'....

Maybe saving that for the 4.2.2 bigger update due soon..

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Liquid, but it's very easy with the One since it's fairly "flat."

I put a zagg shield on the back of mine. A spigen SGP ultra crystal on the front, and a special camera lens protector (like a screen protector fr camera lens that doesn't impact clarity).....

and yet I still put a case on ? :D

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
I put a zagg shield on the back of mine. A spigen SGP ultra crystal on the front, and a special camera lens protector (like a screen protector fr camera lens that doesn't impact clarity).....

and yet I still put a case on ? :D

Ha. Gotta protect your baby.

I, personally, hate cases. I just need minimum protection from scratches, which is why I use skins. My front screen protector is also a generic static screen protector.

For times when I need heavy duty protecting (like if I have to toss my phone into a gym bag or something...) I use my trusty Etsy pouch. :)

Daneoni, you might be interested in it:

il_570xN.445575391_5hs2.jpg

http://www.etsy.com/listing/1272910...ga_ship_to=US&ga_ref=auto4&ga_search_type=all

Noted. Thanks.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
^
Seems nice. Might pick one up. Still pondering whether to wait for the unlocked versions to come back in stock or simply get one from O2.

bionic1ight

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2013
Good suggestion MRU. I really need to start using all the cloud services I've got for this purpose. Between Dropbox, Drive, etc, I've got like 130 gb of storage space.

Did you ever find a solution that works out for you?
I'm in the same boat as you with wife having an iphone and we send each other a lot of videos back and forth of our kids at sports events.
I was hoping to find an alternative cross platform messaging app that could send decent quality photos and videos.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I'm in the same boat as you with wife having an iphone and we send each other a lot of videos back and forth of our kids at sports events.
I was hoping to find an alternative cross platform messaging app that could send decent quality photos and videos.

Simple set up a Dropbox account that is shared between you. You upload a video or whatever else to Dropbox and she will be able to access it on her iPhone as soon as its uploaded, same for pictures, files etc..

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2006
San Diego
I found Drop Box to be rather slow so I settled on Ravid. Pristine video quality.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.

I'll probably go the route of setting up a shared dropbox account. There's no way I could get her to use something like Hangouts because she's so married to the SMS app on her iPhone.

You know what would be ideal? If Apple would do something like Google or BlackBerry and bring iMessage to other platforms. That would be perfect. But I'm sure that will never happen.

Last edited:

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2006
San Diego
I'll probably go the route of setting up a shared dropbox account. There's no way I could get her to use something like Hangouts because she's so married to the SMS app on her iPhone.

You know what would be ideal? If Apple would do something like Google or BlackBerry AMD bring iMessage to other platforms. That would be perfect. But I'm sure that will never happen.
Not gonna happen.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Ha. Gotta protect your baby.

I, personally, hate cases. I just need minimum protection from scratches, which is why I use skins. My front screen protector is also a generic static screen protector.

For times when I need heavy duty protecting (like if I have to toss my phone into a gym bag or something...) I use my trusty Etsy pouch. :)

Daneoni, you might be interested in it:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/1272910...ga_ship_to=US&ga_ref=auto4&ga_search_type=all

I just picked one up.....you keep pushing them and it seems like the great solution for someone who's not big on cases but wants some protection every now and then :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.