Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is planning on opening three new retail locations in the near future, reports ifoAppleStore. Job listings posted last month reveal that the stores will be located at the Station Park shopping mall near Salt Lake City, Utah; the Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center Mall in Woodbridge, Virginia; and the Quaker Bridge Mall, located near the Princeton University Campus in New Jersey.

stonebridge.jpg
Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center
Based on when the jobs were posted, ifoAppleStore predicts that the three stores will open before November, just in time for the holiday season. There is no information on exactly where the stores will be located in their respective malls, but additional details will likely become available as they near completion.

During its second quarter earnings call Apple announced plans to introduce 30 new retail locations during fiscal 2013. The majority of those stores will be located outside of the United States, with the three upcoming stores numbering among the 10 or fewer retail locations that will open in the U.S. this year.

Apple is, however, planning to remodel an additional 20 stores, including the redesign and relocation of its flagship San Francisco Apple Store.

Article Link: New Apple Stores Coming to New Jersey, Utah and Virginia

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Glad to see another Apple Store coming to NJ! :D

I still remember when the first Apple Store opened up in our state. It was a long drive to get there... but it was a great experience as a young Mac user being able to walk in and play with all the new products. :)

It wasn't too long ago when the closest thing we had to an Apple Store was a CompUSA with a small Apple section and non-Mac-savvy employees.

xizdun

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2011
Apple Store in Princeton, NJ is a welcome addition and will definitely ease the traffic at its Bridgewater Commons location. :)

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
Apple Store in Princeton, NJ is a welcome addition and will definitely ease the traffic at its Bridgewater Commons location. :)

Yes please! I dread needing anything apple-related on the weekends, because there are times getting into that store is just a nightmare.

Or maybe I just have crappy timing in picking the most crowded times to need a simple accessory

dustinsc

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2009
If they're building another in Utah, they need to build one in Utah Valley. Salt lake already has one and Utah Valley is growing like crazy.

kdeleon0811

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2013
The new Apple Store in NJ at the Quaker Bridge Mall will be located on the lower floor outside of the JCPenny and across from the new Michael Kors store. :)

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
I still remember when the first Apple Store opened up in our state. It was a long drive to get there... but it was a great experience as a young Mac user being able to walk in and play with all the new products. :)

Which was the first one? Freehold Mall?

----------

As well as Freehold Mall

That fricking store is packed like a sardine can. I live right near it and it's a chore to go there.

MaxMike

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2009
First Apple Store in NJ was Tice's Corner back in 2001.

It was there? I thought the first one would have been at the Garden State Plaza. Either way, the Tices Corner (Woodcliff Lake), Garden State Plaza (Paramus), and Willowbrook (Wayne) stores are all 15 minutes or less from my house :D

ViperDesign

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Utah
Interesting they would put one above SLC in Farmington. I don't consider that a huge population area.

But that isn't bad. They will now have one in SLC, Murray and Farmington. North, South of the City is covered.

egoistaxx9

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2013
finally! it's really good to see apple stores come to utah, it probably has the least number of apple stores.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
First Apple Store in NJ was Tice's Corner back in 2001.

Ah, that sounds right. For me I think Short Hills or Marlton was the 2nd or 3rd store to open in NJ. But they are first in my mind because one of those stores was the first Apple Store I ever visited. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.