Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
I know Apple used to give discount, but could Apple become so shady that they give 100 dollar app store card for students? Since they are wealthy...maybe they could of given more discounts and offer more stuff.

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
I know Apple used to give discount, but could Apple become so shady that they give 100 dollar app store card for students? Since they are wealthy...maybe they could of given more discounts and offer more stuff.

You are getting the coupon ON TOP of any educational discount. Using Apple on Campus you are easily saving hundreds of dollars!

Corrode

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
Should have gotten a Macbook Pro - a much more powerful device. But if you were looking to save money, the MacAir is a good choice.

It's amazing how much you know about other people's computer needs! You do realize that people buy the MacBook Air for more reasons than to just save money, right?

Also, MBA was just updated. MBP still needs Haswell.

Also, MBA is lighter. Has longer battery life. Arguably faster (due to PCIe).

But yeah, he really messed up with his purchase...

pezj

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2012
My sister bought a referb iPad Mini two weeks ago. Does anyone know if refurbished models are eligible for the promotion?

OmegaRed1723

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2009
The Waste
Too band they don't offer the deal to Higher Education Alumni!!!!!
Seriously though, has anyone ever had Apple check to see if you are actually a student, faculty member or parent? Just curious.

I had to show a current class schedule with my name on it at my local Apple store when I bought a mini a couple years ago.

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania

How is this shady? First, they give a student discount; second, they are giving $100 in free goods from iTunes/App store.

They don't have to give you anything.

Oprah and the Queen are also very wealthy, perhaps they can each give you $100 towards your new computer..... :rolleyes:

azxr

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2011
Too band they don't offer the deal to Higher Education Alumni!!!!!
Seriously though, has anyone ever had Apple check to see if you are actually a student, faculty member or parent? Just curious.

I have at the physical store but not online.

----------

Just bought two phones and an Ipad. I have had the phones over 14 days but not the Ipad. I wonder if they will give me $50 for the Ipad?

that user

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2011
I don't know how I feel about the coffee shop graphics. Is that what the kids like these days?

ellisin

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2013
Is it just the $50 gift card for the iPhone or is there education pricing on the iPhone as well?

npro1464

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
I don't know if it's been asked yet, but does anyone know if Best Buy will match it for the iPad? A $50 Best Buy gift card makes upgrading my iPad 2 a little better.

advancedbasic

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2013
Got a MBA 16 days ago, I called the store and was denied the gift card because I was past 14 days.

Welcome to strategic marketing.

And also there goes my hope that the Haswell rMBP line would be released before September... At least we know they're coming out in late September early October now.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
I don't think I've spent $100 total in the App Store in the 4 years I've had iOS devices.

If you include iTunes Store (and Apple TV Movie Rentals) though, that's a different story.

It depends what kind of apps interest you. A lot of the better music creation apps for iOS range from 20 to 50 dollars.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
Why is it everything college related has to have funny looking writing like that. I'm surprised they didn't make the background a piece of lined paper too, just to top off the cliche lol.

Errk!

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
No, it doesn't matter what school you select on the website.

Does this include refurbs? I don't see anything in the terms about this.

I've been waiting to get a MBP and talked to a guy at Apple...the refurb discounts ar better than the educational discounts, and you can get them in the educational area of the site.

(I do qualify for educational discounts - I've been waiting to get the MBP to get educational reimbursement from my employer which comes this Friday, for whatever that's worth)

Babomancer

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2013
Already saw it on Apple.com, ordered last week. Called Apple this morning and they told me they would give it to me since I called and had not received it yet. It would take about 3 weeks to process, but it would be emailed to me.

Just wanted to let everyone know! That was easy!

Just chiming in to say that this worked for me too. Ordered on June 29 and the guy was perfectly happy to queue up a gift code for me. We also talked about the new Mac Pros for like half an hour :p

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
The one we got through the same offer in 2004 lasted 12.5 months and then the hard drive failed. Apple shrugged.

I swore I would never buy another iPod ever again...and I haven't.

s

Ohh that sucks.

I had one iPod nano which was introduced in 2005 from Steve in a great event that worked really fine and then I believe it was 2011 :apple: decided that something might be wrong with the battery and gave me a new one latest rev in exchange.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Just to chime in I, sorry my husband, bought the "house" mac air last year and aside from ordering it through his work link (OU) they haven't askde for proof. Neighbour ordered her daughter an iMac and iPad before she went to Uni at the same time and they didn't ask for proof either.
Our local store suggested he'd have to bring in a payslip (as he's faculty staff rather than a student) to obtain the discount through the shop, but as I wanted 8gb RAM, online was my option.
I work for a public sector company and waving my employee badge has gotten me discounts (albeit smaller than the student one) for my iPod touch last year and recently as last month when I bought a jawbone Up. They seem quite relaxed in our store at least!

Now his Android phone gave up the ghost this week, I need to work on him to buy an iPhone from store so I've got credit for Mavericks :D

GanleyBurger

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2007
What???

NO UPDATED rMBP ????:mad:

As if the WWDC wasn't disappointing enough,

now blow #2. Nothing this summer.

I have been waiting so I can buy new and give my son my 17" 2007 laptop.

Oh, that's right, NO ONE DOES CREATIVE WORK DURING THE SUMMER!!!

This sucks!!!

It's stupid to drop $3,200 now.

But What if they wait until after October??? uuuurrrrrrgggggghhhhhh !!!!!:mad:

mdhwoods

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
Wife bought her MacBook Air on the 15th. Went into the store yesterday and got the gift card without any issue. She just needed her receipt and her student ID. Great unexpected gift.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.