Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Shoud I do both steps again and again until it takes or just repeat "install iPad baseband" until I will see baseband 6.15 in my iPhone after boot the phone and then downgrade baseband ?

And what is apropriate redsn0w version in my case. 3GS, iOS 6.1.3 ?

Thanx a lot!

Perhaps you should have explored the link I provided :(

motix

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2013
Nope !

Details are very important.
Perhaps you should read the tutorial and view the screen shots carefully.

Ok, then, there is written:

"Step One
Create a new folder on your desktop called Pwnage.

In the folder place the current firmware of your device (which can be downloaded from here) and the latest version of RedSn0w"

But it is tutorial from last year, so I should don't care about this sentence and use Redsn0w 0.9.14b1 shown on screen shot ?

And about ipsw. In other tutorials I've read that even I have in iPhone iOS 6.1.3, than I shoul use ipsw 6.0 (as selected ipsw in Redsn0w).

sorry for such a questions, but this is exactly, why I am asking here. I am not sure, what to use.

thx !!!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
The tutorial was written quite a while ago
When it was written, the Redsn0w version featured in the tutorial was the current version

As I said, "view the screen shots carefully".

http://www.hotlink24h.com/download-redsn0w-all-versions.html

The newest versions of Redsn0w will not work for what you want to accomplish !

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 7.47.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 7.47.30 AM.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 236
  • Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 7.47.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 7.47.41 AM.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,959

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
listen to DH, he knows what he is talking about.

Also, if you carefully read my original post, you will see I had the same conclusion about version numbers, in fact, i actually listed which versions i used, so.....read comprehension!

motix

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2013
I've tried downgrade from iPad baseband (using Redsn0w 0.9.14b1 and selected 5.1.1 ipsw) maybe ten times, but everytime ends with an error:

dyld: code signature for shared cache failed with errno=7

(White text. Pwnapple did not appear at all..)

any ideas ?

thx

Attachments

• orrno7.jpg
    orrno7.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 311

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
I've tried downgrade from iPad baseband (using Redsn0w 0.9.14b1 and selected 5.1.1 ipsw) maybe ten times, but everytime ends with an error:

dyld: code signature for shared cache failed with errno=7

(White text. Pwnapple did not appear at all..)

any ideas ?

thx

You need to point redsn0w at the actual iOS version on the phone, also it needs to be stock IPSW not custom

motix

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2013
You need to point redsn0w at the actual iOS version on the phone, also it needs to be stock IPSW not custom

Unsupported IPSW.

I am on 6.1.3

Attachments

• Unsupported IPSW.jpg
    Unsupported IPSW.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

tkinog

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2013

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
And use the latest version of RedSn0w?
And the problem is not unlocking the phone, the problem is that there is no IMEI, no baseband, no wifi, no bluetooth.
So do I just "install iPad BB" until I get those working or install and then downgrade several times until it is working?
Thanks

Have you confirmed that your 3GS can use the iPad baseband? Try it a few times, if it doesnt take, restore and hope you get them back and try again. Sorry you haven't provided your specific situation for anyone to help.

tkinog

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2013
Have you confirmed that your 3GS can use the iPad baseband? Try it a few times, if it doesnt take, restore and hope you get them back and try again. Sorry you haven't provided your specific situation for anyone to help.

No IMEI, No Baseband, No wifi, no BT.

My 3GS s.No: xx103xx...., so it should be produced 3rd week of 2011. So it should be NOT damaged by flashing iPad baseband via redsn0w (right?) . But anyway reboot every 3 minutes and all the stuf with no conection of anything .

I did:

1) Jailbreak and install iPad baseband (using redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and ipsw 6.0)
2) Downgrade from iPad baseband

after booting the phone, there is no Baseband, no Wifi ...

3) so I tried DFU mode and restore to 6.1.3 ipsw (pre downloaded) using iTunes

but ends with error -1

tried several times..

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
No IMEI, No Baseband, No wifi, no BT.

My 3GS s.No: xx103xx...., so it should be produced 3rd week of 2011. So it should be NOT damaged by flashing iPad baseband via redsn0w (right?) . But anyway reboot every 3 minutes and all the stuf with no conection of anything .

I did:

1) Jailbreak and install iPad baseband (using redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and ipsw 6.0)
2) Downgrade from iPad baseband

after booting the phone, there is no Baseband, no Wifi ...

3) so I tried DFU mode and restore to 6.1.3 ipsw (pre downloaded) using iTunes

but ends with error -1

tried several times..

Try a lower version of redsn0w. Maybe .14 or .15b1

Other than that, I can't help much because I am not sure .14 supported ios6, but reports all say the downgrade should work.

thanos12

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2013
I changed basband chip but still nothing

I bricked my iphone 3gs 2011up model with ipad baseband.....I tried everything....from posts.....but nothing.So I decided to change baseband chip.I change it with success.My iphone is now in 6.1.3 but stil I don't have wifi,bluetooth,blank imei,baseband and iphone restarts every 1 min.
here is some info from redsnow

ActivationInfo: ActivationInfoComplete = false
ActivationInfo: ActivationInfoXML = many many things.......
ActivationState: FactoryActivated
ActiveWirelessTechnology: kCTWirelessTechnologyUnknown
AirplaneMode: false
ApNonce: 2175efa31966ea089dc16ec8a700fcc99b575c2f
BasebandMasterKeyHash: UNAVAILABLE
BasebandStatus: BBNotReady
BasebandThumbprint: UNAVAILABLE
BluetoothAddress: 00:00:00:00:00:00
BoardId: 0
BuildVersion: 10B329
CPUArchitecture: armv7
ChipID: 0x8920
DeviceCertificate: many many things.......
DeviceClass: iPhone
DeviceColor: black
DeviceName: iPhone
DevicePublicKey: many many things.......
DeviceSupportsFaceTime: false
DieID: 4047950704316503976
EscrowBag: many many things.......
FirmwareVersion: iBoot-1537.9.55
HardwareModel: N88AP
HardwarePlatform: s5l8920x
HostAttached: true
MLBSerialNumber: J5204030SCRVF
MNC: 00
ModelNumber: MC131
NonVolatileRAM: aapl,panic-info = 43e91054944a43
NonVolatileRAM: auto-boot = 74727565
NonVolatileRAM: backlight-level = 313937
NonVolatileRAM: bootdelay = 30
NonVolatileRAM: restored-exit-status = 3078313030
PasswordProtected: false
ProductType: iPhone2,1
ProductVersion: 6.1.3
ProductionSOC: true
ProtocolVersion: 2
ProximitySensorCalibration: many many things.......
RegionInfo: B/A
SIMStatus: kCTSIMSupportSIMStatusNotReady
SIMTrayStatus: kCTSIMSupportSIMTrayStatusUnknown
SerialNumber: 882061WW3NP
SoftwareBehavior: 01000000000000000000000000000000
TelephonyCapability: true
TimeZone: US/Pacific
TimeZoneOffsetFromUTC: 18446744073709526416
TrustedHostAttached: true
UniqueChipID: 2727121284599
UniqueDeviceID: 4baf34e4667d42db178d88a5f99b390c822e9c52
UseRaptorCerts: false
Uses24HourClock: false
WiFiAddress: 00:00:00:00:00:00

If someone can help with this situation......please HELP.I spent hours for this 3gs.Thank you.:mad::confused:

sakalitu

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2014
Iphone 3gs

Hi guys i ve just bought an iphone 3gs 88129 from ebay, well it was stuck at recovery loop, after numerous tries , i did find out that he had ios 6.1.6, in couple of hour tired of itune errors an many programs i did downgrade it to 4.1, then realised that he had no bluetooth , wi fi and network, and keep restarting itself every 2, 3 minutes, then i red this topic, i finnaly restore it to 4.2 with custom ispw from snowflake,(that in couple of hours too) now i had the same problems but after restarting itself it goes directly in dfu or soft dfu mode. well i ve tried to downgrade BB with redsnow, but the same, is there any chance i could fix it? it is completely broke? regards.:confused:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hi guys i ve just bought an iphone 3gs 88129 from ebay, well it was stuck at recovery loop, after numerous tries , i did find out that he had ios 6.1.6, in couple of hour tired of itune errors an many programs i did downgrade it to 4.1, then realised that he had no bluetooth , wi fi and network, and keep restarting itself every 2, 3 minutes, then i red this topic, i finnaly restore it to 4.2 with custom ispw from snowflake,(that in couple of hours too) now i had the same problems but after restarting itself it goes directly in dfu or soft dfu mode. well i ve tried to downgrade BB with redsnow, but the same, is there any chance i could fix it? it is completely broke? regards.:confused:

Yours appear to be week 29 of 2011. I think that's on the borderline or past the safe date. There is a possibility that your 3GS can't be fixed if it was upgraded to the iPad BB by the previous user

sakalitu

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2014
ill lose some time again trying to restore to 6.1...:mad::apple:

EDIT: It doesnt work ive done all possible things i could, same error 11. idk what to do, i cant restore to 6.1 because of that error... some one help im missing something?

Last edited:

idontknowabc

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2014
Hey guys I have the same problem too ..what can i do ?

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH - I AM ASIAN

So i was searching for solution and i landed up here .ill be really great full if someone can help me find solution or at least come to a conclusion ..

Few months back My i phone got wet in rain and i lost backlight but i continue to use it and few months later i left my phone in charging mode for like 3 days ..battery swollen ..so i left using it ...After few months i decided to repiar it ..i looked out for some information and i found out that ill need a new battery and 6R8 coil ...I bought both and went to a repair shop ...that guy took 50$ (3000 INR ) and fixed it ..i was happy ..my phone worked ..everything was fine ..but a day later when i tried to upload song using itune ..something went wrong and the carrier symbol lost IMEI GONE BLUETOOTH , WIFI everything was either N/A or 0000000000 ..I went back to the repair shop and that guy told me i must have messed it up using some faulty software ..and he cant repair it anymore ..he advised me to goto apple service center .i came back home tried google and i found out that it cannot be repaired but in this page i see many people having same issue ........Is there a chance i can repair it ?????????? what do i need to do

I have IPHONE 3GS
version 4.1(8B117)
MODEL : MB717LL
SERIAL NUMBER : 5K0217*****
WIFI : N/A

BLUETOOTH 00:00:00:00:00:00

I dont know what is DFU what is a baseband !! Possible for me to sort this out ?

Thanks in advance ..hope someone replies to this ..

241wbnr.jpg

Last edited:

idontknowabc

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2014
I found out that the following information too

IPHONE 3GS
Colour: Black
Production year: 2010
Production week: 21 (May)
Production number: 8217 (within this week)
Model introduced: 2009
Capacity: 32GB

Also now i know about DFU mode . can this be recovered ??.what should i do first ? restore and upgrade normally via Itunes or do i need to do using redsn0w as found on previous posts ?

idontknowabc

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2014
Update ..

I tried the following steps mentioned in previous post

-download redsnow 0.9.15b3.
-open redsnow, then click jailbreak and check both install cydia and downgrade ipad baseband. <------I went away to watch tv ..

-let redsnow do its thing on the iphone. it'll take a while.

-once redsnow finishes, your phone should "work", but have no wifi, 3G, whatever.
-download the iphone 3GS 6.1 ipsw from felixbruns (google felixbruns).
-put your iphone in dfu mode, restore to the 3GS 6.1 ipsw.
-wait for it to restore.

Now when i turn on the phone

I get a message in different language on my phone and on itunes it says

" THERE IS NO SIM CARD INSTALLED ON YOUR PHONE PLEASE INSERT SIM CARD TO TRY ACTIVATING "

what should i do next ?

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
It seems like your problem is not due to anything software but rather water fried your baseband chip…not sure what you can do other than replacing the entire logic board

idontknowabc

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2014
It seems like your problem is not due to anything software but rather water fried your baseband chip…not sure what you can do other than replacing the entire logic board

But my phone did work ..after replacing battery and other things and was in perfect condition only until i connected it to my pc via itunes .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.