Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pompiliu

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
I hope the new Aperture uses the dark interface as well. Most of my apps I use have that and I like it so much better. Aperture is pretty bright on an LED monitor.
Then turn the brightness down. :rolleyes:

And LED monitor? Really? It's still LCD, just the backlight is done using LEDs, not CCFL neons.

And FYI, a classic CCFL-backlit monitor often has better brightness then a LED-backlit one.

I'm sick of comments like this, but yours is just outrageous.
You would think someone who uses Aperture and is a photographer (professional, amateur, it doesn't matter) would know a thing or two about screens or the necessity to calibrate it (which includes setting the adequate brightness for your room).

I miss the old days. Now everybody with a DSLR and a mac is a photographer.
:(

Last edited:

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Then turn the brightness down. :rolleyes:

And LED monitor? Really? It's still LCD, just the backlight is done using LEDs, not CCFL neons.

And FYI, a classic CCFL-backlit monitor often has better brightness then a LED-backlit one.

I'm sick of comments like this, but yours is just outrageous.
You would think someone who uses Aperture and is a photographer (professional, amateur, it doesn't matter) would know a thing or two about screens or the necessity to calibrate it (which includes setting the adequate brightness for your room).

I miss the old days. Now everybody with a DSLR and a mac is a photographer.
:(

What is your problem exactly?

Don't assume I'm dumb, I've been doing photography for YEARS back before digital was even out so I know a thing or two about it.

As for the monitor, I can't believe you'd even suggest such a ludicrous thing. The brightness IS down on my monitor, but if you knew a thing about monitors you'd know that when you turn the brightness down, everything goes down which isn't always a good solution either. A bright interface, while working with mid-range or darker images, can be very distracting. Take a look at Adobe Lightroom, its dark and much easier on the eyes, the same goes for Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Maya, ZBrush, the new Logic, etc. There is a reason these software packages, along with a ton others I won't bother naming use dark interfaces, its easier on the eyes and easier to see colors with.

Last edited:

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
I really wish they would just release it already. I have been holding off buying Aperture for so long already

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
I really wish they would just release it already. I have been holding off buying Aperture for so long already

I needed some of its features that iPhoto didn't have so decided to just buy it last month. Still getting used to the differences but I'm happy. If a new version comes out before year end, it won't bother me.

adversus

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2009
Portland, OR
As for the monitor, I can't believe you'd even suggest such a ludicrous thing. The brightness IS down on my monitor, but if you knew a thing about monitors you'd know that when you turn the brightness down, everything goes down which isn't always a good solution either. A bright interface, while working with mid-range or darker images, can be very distracting. Take a look at Adobe Lightroom, its dark and much easier on the eyes, the same goes for Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Maya, ZBrush, the new Logic, etc. There is a reason these software packages, along with a ton others I won't bother naming use dark interfaces, its easier on the eyes and easier to see colors with.

Fullscreen, yo. I use full screen exclusively to avoid this problem, love it.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I needed some of its features that iPhoto didn't have so decided to just buy it last month. Still getting used to the differences but I'm happy. If a new version comes out before year end, it won't bother me.

You would probably get a free upgrade if it's in the next few weeks. I'm still undecided on the LR vs Aperture thing so will wait until the new version comes out and read reviews and decide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.