Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple_iBoy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
So you're not a fan? The new UI is clean and crisp. Modern. The old UI is looking aged and dirty next to it.

Touches of photorealism in the icons don't look dirty to me. I don't particularly care for this new icon (nor a few others, notable the one for Safari).

I've seen the minimalist icon look done well in some postings on this board of 3rd party icon sets. But the ones coming with iOS 7 seem to lack the charm and, frankly, the artistry of those 3rd party efforts, while at the same time losing the sparkle of the "aged and dirty" antecedents.

ToomeyND

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Am I the Only One Who Loved Sceumorphism ?

That's what I don't get. All of these app designs still have sceumorphism. They are now just flat, childishly designed apps with the exact same themes.

I suppose the sceumorphism they were trying to get rid of were in the apps themselves, but this just doesn't seem to track for me.

heutusops

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2013
you can always trust apple, they'll always give you the most safe and secure hardware as well as software.

Virtual Steve

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2012
The update worked for me (iOS 7 Beta 6 | iPhone 5). Kinda weird that they updated the app icon, but not the app's Help icon. But again, it IS still beta software...

Attachments

• IMG_1394.PNG
    IMG_1394.PNG
    608.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1393.PNG
    IMG_1393.PNG
    126.1 KB · Views: 102

5t3f4n

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
Although Find my Friends didn't get a redisigned icon, it still looks new.
Looks like there's less shadow on the stitching and the icon border looks better.

21c8lsh.jpg
r2qkch.jpg

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
So...

You need a Dev account to get it legit, right? And this version shows the error message only when a non-Dev uses a copy that he found somewhere in a drawer? Why is that a "mistake"? Doesn't "Find my iPhone" in iOS 7 have that new feature where you can make the phone so you can't activate it without your name and password?

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I suppose the sceumorphism they were trying to get rid of were in the apps themselves, but this just doesn't seem to track for me.

Yes, skeuomorphism is going away. See Notes Reminders in iOS 7, and Calendar and Contacts in OS X. Guess they just haven't gotten around to redesigning these apps yet.

You need a Dev account to get it legit, right? And this version shows the error message only when a non-Dev uses a copy that he found somewhere in a drawer? Why is that a "mistake"?

They pushed it to everyone by mistake.

What does this mean, "iCloud required" ?

You need an iCloud account to track your phone.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Fixed?

I just updated my daily use phone which is still in iOS 6 and got no error messages. Even tried logging into a different Apple ID that is not the one using iCloud on my test stuff

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.