Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iKennish.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2013
MacRumors, I'm deciding to see which computer is much better and right for my needs.

The specs for ATIV:
The specs here (scroll till you get to specifications)

The specs for iMac:
The specs here (scroll till you get to specifications)

Now here is some questions:
1) Does iMac last longer, and why?
2) Why should I go with iMac?
3) Is iMac it worth the money?
4) Is it better than Windows 8 and why, be specific.
5) Is the ATIV worth it as well?
6) Is there are new model coming out anytime soon?
7) When Mavericks comes out and buyers get a new iMac for example, does it come pre-loaded with Mavericks or you have to pay $20 dollars for it?

----------

I'm just try see how it is and if its worth it. Thanks.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
1) Does iMac last longer, and why?
Depends on how you want to use it. Surfing, email, Facebook, it will last a long time. Looking to compute the mass of the Universe, you may be wanting something a bit more powerful.
2) Why should I go with iMac?
Because you want too. Its personal preference. If you like OSX get the iMac. If you like Windows get the Samsung - simple.
3) Is iMac it worth the money?
Its your money, if you think so, then yes. If it were my money, Id' say yes.
4) Is it better than Windows 8 and why, be specific.
I'd say the samsung is better for windows.
5) Is the ATIV worth it as well?
Don't know, never heard of it
6) Is there are new model coming out anytime soon?
Maybe, apple doesn't really pre-announce this sort of stuff. People are hoping the Haswell based iMac is released.
7) When Mavericks comes out and buyers get a new iMac for example, does it come pre-loaded with Mavericks or you have to pay $20 dollars for it?
It depends on when you get it. If you buy it now, then you'll have to buy Mavericks. If you buy it after Apple announces the release date, you'll get it free though your iMac will have ML on it.

tl;dr
Buy which ever computer best fits your needs. If you prefer OSX and it has the software that you want/need then get it. If windows is your preference and/or it has the software you need/want then get the Samsung. Its your money and your decision.

iKennish.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2013
Thank you. I had a Windows laptop for 4-5 years now and I just wanted to try something new and branch out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.