Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
This tendency in people to gain satisfaction, as well as those people who claim that victims are the deserving party, is the single most socially, culturally, psychologically subtle evil alive today. It's a really disgusting attitude and yes, it is mean spirited 100%.
I disagree. I would say claiming you are a victim over a bloody video game is the most disgusting, evil attitude alive today. Get up, dust yourself off, and accept responsibility for your own damn life!

And btw, YOU are the one claiming others are "gaining satisfaction" over victims. YOU are the one that had that idea pop into your head. THAT is disgusting. Think on yourself for a moment. Barf, indeed.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Resolved my foot!
Origin still doesn't load properly. And when it does load, the game client crashes.

Its absolute wank still.

I'm so frustrated. I read hours of forum threads and followed every suggested "fix", but "Origin" will not load on 10.8.4 or 10.9 DP6 (there are many documented cases and instructions for 10.9). I spent three hours last night, installing, uninstalling plists, helper(s), launches, etc.

Reinstalled without installing the helper tool, no luck. Version 9.3.1 doesn't freeze, but it insists I update to 9.3.5 which completely freezes. There is no way to play SimCity as you're forced to use the latest update which screws it up. Serves me right, throwing caution to the wind. I hope they'll honor a refund after a Sunday purchase over a holiday weekend.

Battlefield Fan

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2008
Sorry to tell you this, but (at launch) I paid £17 for the digital deluxe edition. It was a well publicised workaround. If you entered the origin store through their indian site, it let you buy it for a LOT less - still works and is in full English.

There was a loads of info on Reddit about it.

Well shame on you for not telling me sooner. Part of being a video gamer though. Some games are gonna suck and you don't know that until after you buy the game.

DJLC

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2005
North Carolina
*shrug* I like it. It's fun. It distracts me for hours from real life, which is the point. No problems on my mid-2011 mini.

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2012
*shrug* I like it. It's fun. It distracts me for hours from real life, which is the point. No problems on my mid-2011 mini.

The problem is, you'll find it has no shelf life. I'm not talking about the always online (But that adds to it, once EA shuts down the servers you have nothing), I'm talking about the game breaking issues they never fixed.

The game is simply a pretty game with a rotten core. No real transportation, horrible AI, the list goes on. The cities are small not because of DLC, but because of the horrible AI pathfinding that they never fixed.

DJLC

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2005
North Carolina
I don't disagree. I WILL get bored with it after a while. But I don't really see it as being worse than before. SimCity AI is stupid; that's the attraction of the game. Just like my attraction to GTA is the stupid glitches they didn't fix anywhere between 3 and 4.

I guess my point is, some of us recognize that it's a waste and bought it anyway. I'm one of those. Plus it runs a lot better than older Sim City will.

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2012
I don't disagree. I WILL get bored with it after a while. But I don't really see it as being worse than before. SimCity AI is stupid; that's the attraction of the game. Just like my attraction to GTA is the stupid glitches they didn't fix anywhere between 3 and 4.

I guess my point is, some of us recognize that it's a waste and bought it anyway. I'm one of those. Plus it runs a lot better than older Sim City will.

Eh, I can still play Simcity 4, which is over a decade old and has better AI then Simcity 5. That's pretty sad.

sfmountainbiker

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2009
I have over 350 hours logged into SimCity, and yes, the bugs drove me nuts...but I can't deny that it was one of my most heavily played games since Skyrim. For anyone saying this game is an unplayable POS, you're reading too much from 3rd parties and not deciding for yourself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.