Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superstarmc

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2011
I could kids jumping all over a phone like this who want something stylish but doesn't care about it being metal or glass. My daughter is of them. It's not for me I just bought an htc one but they wouldn't release it if they didn't believe there was a market for it.

Keerock

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
Fake.

Please don't bother commenting on how bad these look. They are 100% fakes. The simulated "screens" aren't even consistent and Apple would NEVER package with that graphic. So relax....

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
This is going to hurt Android a lot. Its going to be a good chance for many android users to discover what a smooth GUI is.

They can do that now with the current 5. And given the 5C will probably cost the same as a HTC one or S4..... I do not see android users seeing the light. The HTC one is actually a better phone then the 5, and probably the 5S. We got a year to wait for the 6 to bring something better out

----------

Please don't bother commenting on how bad these look. They are 100% fakes. The simulated "screens" aren't even consistent and Apple would NEVER package with that graphic. So relax....

ha ha ha ha ha. Thats the finished product right there.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada

Mmm dude, everything is real. You better figure that out or you'll gonna get depressed next tuesday

----------

You are not alone, buddy.. you are not alone...
Like somebody said, it looks like iOS7 has been 'fisherpriced'. :(

Apple is going down :(

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
They can do that now with the current 5. And given the 5C will probably cost the same as a HTC one or S4.....

I'm confused by your post. The S4 cost around $650 which is the same as the iPhone 5. The whole point of the 5C is to provide it to emerging markets and markets where customers pay full price for their phones. No way this phone is anywhere near $650. It has to be $450 or lower or there is very little point to creating the device.

spicynujac

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2012
No it doesn't. Nexus 4 is a year old phone and only available on the playstore at that price. As long as the price doesn't go to carriers, it's not competitive at all. Besides Apple doesn't give two rats about pricing, see iPad mini for comparison.

We will know soon, but it seems that the iphone 5S will be the "new" phone and the 5C will be essentially the "year old" phone--rumors are saying it is basically an iphone 5 in a new plastic body.

spicynujac

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2012
Apple never said its the "cheap" iPhone, they will spin it as the Coloured variant of its popular phone still maintaining iPhone 5's specs.

If it has the specs of iPhone 5, as per the leaks, they cant justify the price of the iPhone 5 at 549, which is currently at 649. I think 449 would be what Apple wants it to be, they may reduce it to 399 just to counter google nexus 4's competitive pricing - this to me would still seem unlikely, given how Apple doesnt respond to market pricing instead they defend their product's strength.

We'll see what Apple says about the phone in a few days, but every media story I have seen calls it the "budget" iphone--that is the purpose of this phone--not colors. In fact, the 5S will come in alternate colors--gold. The purpose of 5C is to be a budget device. It should be around $300 if you ask me. Nexus 4 is $200. Ipod touch is around $230. Why should Iphone 5C be any more than $300? Compass, GPS chip and cell radio don't cost that much.

aerobyravol

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Switzerland
Actually, mine never came with one. Not even my white box replacement. I think they did stop supplying them in the subsidized models. Not too sure about unlocked models. The fact they come with sim tools might be indicative of how you're more likely to be sold off contract than subsidized.

Mine came with. Even locked models. I guess it's a US thing, packaging without SIM removing tool.

----------

(...) I have seen calls it the "budget" iphone--that is the purpose of this phone--not colors. In fact, the 5S will come in alternate colors--gold. The purpose of 5C is to be a budget device. (...)

Not sure about this one.
Indeed, Apple targets Chinese Market with that iPhone.
And in China, not only the price is to be attractive, but also colors.

Otherwise, they could just sell former models at lower price - spares the costs of a new Product Line.

dona83

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2004
Kelowna, BC
My coworker has iOS7 Beta, it looks and works great. Very colourful sure, but I've adapter to it.

If the 5C packaging is really iPod Touch-esque, I have hope they are planning for people to buy the phone at any retail store casually, no contract required, just pop in any (nano?) SIM card from any carrier and away you go.

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Actually, mine never came with one. Not even my white box replacement. I think they did stop supplying them in the subsidized models. Not too sure about unlocked models. The fact they come with sim tools might be indicative of how you're more likely to be sold off contract than subsidized.

Apple stopped providing SIM removal tools to iPhones that come with a SIM pre-installed. Even the T-Mobile unlocked iPhone has a SIM pre-installed so it didn't come with a SIM tool. Probably the only one that still does is the regular unlocked GSM version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.