Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
Being an iPhone user since standing in line on June 29th 2007, and having owned every single iPhone since then, and being the biggest Apple fan out of everyone I know—I'm going to pass on this one.

Nothing wrong with that. I love my iPhone 5 and I'm sure the 5S will be a great buy, but it doesn't have nearly enough features to want me to upgrade.

extricated

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas
64-bit. A7. M7.
Flash color balance (I may enable my flash again).
Fingerprint sensor.

They have some amazing stuff going here.

Battlefield Fan

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2008
The iPhone 5S has barely enough to get excited about but what hurt it was the 16, 32, 64 selection... That would have made buying a new phone more acceptable...

Dookieman

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2009
Somebody really needs to ask Tim Cook what is up with the 5S having no apparent preorder date. If they expect me to go into a store on the 20th, they cannot expect my business this quarter.

September 20th.

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
Old I may be, but I can still remember the four digits I need to unlock my iPhone 5...

The new camera doesn't intrigue me. I've taken about 40 iPhone photos since getting my iPhone 5 about a year and a half ago...

I don't think the faster processor is going to do much for improving the quality of my phone calls or the downloading of my emails...

I was so hoping, really, for improvements to the screen so you can see it outdoors in strong light.

Well, maybe the iPhone 11 will have that. :(

DoctorWho

Suspended
Jun 18, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
$130 Price Rise in Australia

Seems like the outright price in Australia has gone up $130! I didn't think the AUD was going that badly... Seems very excessive. 64GB is now $1129, up from $999.

l0renz

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2012
Obvious, noobish question, should I upgrade from my iPhone 5 to 5S? I am going to upgrade to this model; or wait for the iPhone 6, but I've been told the iPhone 5 will lose a lot of worth. I can sell my phone for 650 euros and bought it for 800.
What you guys think?

Thanks

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Old I may be, but I can still remember the four digits I need to unlock my iPhone 5...

That's not really the issue. Four digits is minimal security and hopefully fingerprint will be quicker and more convenient than having to do the passcode every time.

And if you have a camera as good as the one in the iPhone 5 and never use it, that's your problem, not Apple's.

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
So those gray/white gray/black shell combos that were popping up before the 5's launch were probably just early, early 5S protoypes. Cool.

portishead

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles

Fingerprint unlock would be quicker and better

The new camera doesn't intrigue me. I've taken about 40 iPhone photos since getting my iPhone 5 about a year and a half ago...

The iPhone 5 camera is decent. 5s sounds even better. I don't want to lug around a DSLR all the time.

I don't think the faster processor is going to do much for improving the quality of my phone calls or the downloading of my emails...

But it will improve everything else.

I was so hoping, really, for improvements to the screen so you can see it outdoors in strong light.

You sound confused. Maybe you are getting old. :p

croooow

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2004

You can remember the 4 digit code and so can someone looking over your shoulder (people can remember 5-7 only seeing it once. You should have a much longer alpha-numeric password if you want to actually secure your phone)

It sounds like you don't even use the iPhone 5 to its potential. Those upgrades are for those people who do take a lot of pictures and people who use their iPhones for more than just email and phone calls. You might as well just have gotten (or kept) an iPhone 3G...

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Being an iPhone user since standing in line on June 29th 2007, and having owned every single iPhone since then, and being the biggest Apple fan out of everyone I know—I'm going to pass on this one. The fingerprint thing is cool, and 64-bit is nice and all, but I've never used my iPhone 5 and thought that it was slow. It will be interesting to see what developers do with the M7 processor. This is a solid upgrade for those who haven't upgraded in a while, but I don't see many iPhone 5 users upgrading this time around.

Me too. Except I also skipped the 3G. This is very underwhelming.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester

out of interest can i ask how have you had your iPhone 5 for a year and a half

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
If it comes to T-Mobile's new LTE Advanced network, I'm in line the second it's available.
Which, by the way, I have no idea of understanding based on the Technical Specifications Apple lists for the phone.

T-Mobile has 4G, LTE, LTE-Advanced all running on different bands - can anyone who actually knows something about this post? I'd love to know with greater certainty than I can ascertain.

Because you know the sales folks at the store aren't going to be much help... "Yeah, it's got the LTE, it says so right here on the screen!"

croooow

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2004
September 25, 2012

Q: I love my Black & Slate iPhone 5, but I've been seeing some scuffs, scratches and marks throughout the band around the phone along with many others. What should we all do? Any plans to fix this?

Schiller: Any aluminum product may scratch or chip with use, exposing its natural silver color. That is normal.

September 10, 2013

Apple killed Black & Slate color option.

yeah, they got tired of the complaints ("I dropped my phone and it got scuffed") so they got rid of the "painted" iPhone. (Yes, anodizing is not the same as painting, but it is still just a thin coating on the metal)

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
The biggest letdown for me is no 802.11ac Wi-Fi..... their brand new iPhone can't support their new router to it's full potential?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.