Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGobbleoff

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2011
The ring is definitely a dark color. I just got my slate one as well, the ring isn't bright/chrome...

so far so good, doing a restore from my 4S and am almost done! :)

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Don't be jealous, mate! That's pretty lame coming from a moderator..and so sorry for express my euphoria!

Did you respond to the right post there? I've read and re-read my post and can't see where you got jealousy from :confused:

Nevertheless, I no longer need an answer to my question; with the phone now available in multiple countries I'm sure that there would be a furore by now if the answer was "no".

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Did you respond to the right post there? I've read and re-read my post and can't see where you got jealousy from :confused:

Nevertheless, I no longer need an answer to my question; with the phone now available in multiple countries I'm sure that there would be a furore by now if the answer was "no".

TS thought your post was sarcastic relating to the iPhone making calls.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
TS thought your post was sarcastic relating to the iPhone making calls.

I've been burned far too many times by companies removing features (sometimes really "obvious" ones!) without documenting them, so when something I rely on is not listed on the spec sheet then I ask questions :)

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
I've been burned far too many times by companies removing features (sometimes really "obvious" ones!) without documenting them, so when something I rely on is not listed on the spec sheet then I ask questions :)

Are you serious? It is called iPHONE. lol

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Are you serious? It is called iPHONE. lol

As I said in my first post, I was 99% sure that it was just an oversight and that Apple simply forgot to list it in the specs. But there's no harm in checking... other than everyone pouncing on me for doing so :(

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
A family friend got the 5S Space Grey today in 16GB, through Phones4U. He preordered yesterday by putting down £50, which was refunded when he collected the phone. Phones4U told him they only had 10 in stock flr the launch. He's on contract with O2.

It's just cemented the decision that I don't want Space Grey, but the 5S in general seems really nice and so responsive.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
A family friend got the 5S Space Grey today in 16GB, through Phones4U. He preordered yesterday by putting down £50, which was refunded when he collected the phone. Phones4U told him they only had 10 in stock flr the launch.

Yikes. It'll be really interesting to see how things go over here (when they finally get around to releasing it!). Two years ago I was able to pick up a 4S on launch day with no fuss at all*... hopefully it'll be the same this year. In that regard, being in "wave two" has its advantages!

*Almost no fuss, anyway. I ordered online and Telecom managed to activate the new phone (therefore deactivating my old one) before sending it so I had no service overnight. I think I'll get one in person this time to avoid that happening again.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Looks pretty dark in that picture, almost like slate. No nicks on the chamfered edges?

It looks different in different light, it is definitely much lighter than the slate.

Take an iPhone 4's steel frame and the iPhone 5 in slate and combine them, that is the color you get. It looks super nice, IMO.

I took a look at the gold in store as well, and it looked really nice with the exception of the home button - the home button gold looks darker than the rest of the gold, making it stick out more. The frame gold is really subtle and looks great. But they had less than 5 per carrier at my store, so basically no one got one. I feel like the home button ring should have been colored white, like they made it black on the Space Grey model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.