Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guidwicz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Gold Coast, Australia
Yewww!

Just came back from the apple store in Robina (Gold Coast) with my new iPhone 5s 32gb Space Grey and it feels amazing!!! Arrived at 6.00 am and wait for about 2.5 hours until I get my dirty hands on it! :D

It's super fast!!!!!

The ring from the home button is grey..

Touch iD is ridiculous fast!

Photos and videos are unbelievable and really cool!

Definitely don't wait one more year for the iPhone 6..

and good luck chasing your new iPhone!!!!

:apple::apple::apple:

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
I'm wanting the gold and am not buying today so I may be in for a longer wait than I was anticipating. Hardly used my iPhone 4 today and it's on 31% battery - sign to upgrade maybe.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Video comparing page load speed with iPhone 5 or it didn't happen. :D

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I've been messing around with the Silver today. Camera is much better than the 5. You can easily see the difference in side by side comparisons. The 5S photos are so much brighter and more crisp.

Becact

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2013
Man if you love the slate black go for it!

Supeeerrr light!!!

I have the slate 5 now and want something different actually, haha, which is why I'm hoping the gray is pretty light. I meant color light not weight light :)

My dream config is the black phone with the white/silver phone's aluminum parts.

----------

My BS detector is spiking like mad.

Nah, Australians are getting their phones currently.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
Yewww!

Just came back from the apple store in Robina (Gold Coast) with my new iPhone 5s 32gb Space Grey and it feels amazing!!! Arrived at 6.00 am and wait for about 2.5 hours until I get my dirty hands on it! :D

It's super fast!!!!!

The ring from the home button is grey..

Touch iD is ridiculous fast!

Photos and videos are unbelievable and really cool!

Definitely don't wait one more year for the iPhone 6..

and good luck chasing your new iPhone!!!!

:apple::apple::apple:

Nice, just ordered mine from local Telstra business centre, space grey 64gb. Just got to go pick it up now. Tried one in a Telstra shop when swapping sims and they feel much faster/smoother.

----------

Pics or it didn't happen!

Aussies have been getting theirs for the last 2 hours:rolleyes:
Pays to live down under:)

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Congratulations!

Can you please confirm that it makes phone calls? I'm assuming that it can, but the official tech specs only list FaceTime under "Audio Calling"; I'm 99% sure that that's an oversight but just worth checking before I buy one :)

S

syd430

How noticeable is the grey ring around the home button?

The ring is completely black. Can barely see it. It's definitely not gray like the sides/back (speaking of which is very light colour, looks pretty much like silver under adequate light, definitely making it look like an iPhone 4, which I prefer over slate). Picked mine up a couple of hours ago.

MMM.PWR

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
Milwaukee
The ring is completely black. Can barely see it. It's definitely not gray like the sides/back (speaking of which is very light colour, looks pretty much like silver under adequate light, definitely making it look like an iPhone 4, which I prefer over slate). Picked mine up a couple of hours ago.

Thanks for the heads up! Can you take some pics and post them here?

S

syd430

Thanks for the heads up! Can you take some pics and post them here?

I'm still out, but here's one I just took from my 5.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 267

Guidwicz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Gold Coast, Australia
Congratulations!

Can you please confirm that it makes phone calls? I'm assuming that it can, but the official tech specs only list FaceTime under "Audio Calling"; I'm 99% sure that that's an oversight but just worth checking before I buy one :)

Don't be jealous, mate! That's pretty lame coming from a moderator..and so sorry for express my euphoria!

KaijuRed

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2013
It's 11.46 AM in Australia as I am typing this... is it really that surprising that they have the iPhone 5S already?

I don't doubt you TC but would be great if you could show us your pics :cool: Makes us all even happier and excited.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.