Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Hi, I just got an internship at an ad agency and my first "task" was finding a new illustrator for upcoming projects, they wanted them to be semi local and I came across this website: http://www.peterbono.net What do you guys think of his work?

rjkgr

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2013
yeah ^^ what that person said! its pretty bad i seen smaller companies with better websites than that

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Looks like the illustrator hired out to another company for his website, so I wouldn't criticize him too harshly on the use of flash. True its his, and he's not putting his best foot forward.

If you like his work, call him in.

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Yeah Im looking more at just the art work, they wont be designing any websites.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
It might help if you listed the type of ad agency it is. Some illustrators specialize in cars,food etc..

This guy seems more geared toward other types.

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
http://jotaleal.com/

Will add him to the list thanks.

It might help if you listed the type of ad agency it is. Some illustrators specialize in cars,food etc..

This guy seems more geared toward other types.

Honestly Im dont think the people I pick are going to be used right away, I believe they are going to be added to a database and then revisited in the future if something comes up.

noodlemanc

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
Australasia
Lost of websites require flash. Including mine. Why do you see it as a suitable way to judge somebody's talents?

Because half of Internet users won't be able to see it, maybe? And that's not including people that (wisely) don't have Flash installed or run Flashblockers.

I'm not saying that making Flash websites shows a lack of talent, but it is a really bad web designing decision.

comScoreJumptap-Share-of-Online-Time-by-Device-Sept2013.png

MyMac1976

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Because half of Internet users won't be able to see it, maybe? And that's not including people that (wisely) don't have Flash installed or run Flashblockers.

I'm not saying that making Flash websites shows a lack of talent, but it is a really bad web designing decision.

You understand that not all tablets/phones don't use flash. Both Android devices in my home have flash installed

noodlemanc

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
Australasia
You understand that not all tablets/phones don't use flash. Both Android devices in my home have flash installed

So does mine, but the performance is less than adequate. Besides, this is Macrumors - out of the general population the number of people who have Flash installed on their Android device would be pretty small, and designing a website that relies heavily on Flash still cuts out a huge amount of potential viewers.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia

The question is what type of content is being consumed by those devices. How much of that 50+% of combined smartphone & tablet use online goes towards Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pandora and other aimless pursuits compared to business and research use vs a Desktop computer?

As for the Illustrator in question. I did not care for the work he did. It seemed more like the kind of joke drawing you get at a carnival than a serious business drawing.

MyMac1976

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
So does mine, but the performance is less than adequate. Besides, this is Macrumors - out of the general population the number of people who have Flash installed on their Android device would be pretty small, and designing a website that relies heavily on Flash still cuts out a huge amount of potential viewers.

Flash performance is fine on my two droids especially for website stuff. Flash is one of the big reasons my wife has an S3 mini over iPhone I'd imagine she's not unique in that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.