Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Many who jailbroke in the past to get the unlock, no longer need the jailbreak due to the wide availability of IMEI unlocks and the phasing out of older devices on which software unlocks were possible.
Agreed, I stopped jailbreaking when IMEI unlocks became easily available. Had been using pwnage for a long time to maintain unlockable basband. As others have said many of the other functions are now available in IOS.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
For me: gestures, proficiency tweaks, more control of IOS

I didn't mean it like that, I meant that instead of the vocal minority that think iOS 7 is hideous and want to theme it, most seem content with it. Other than the tweakers and stuff.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I didn't mean it like that, I meant that instead of the vocal minority that think iOS 7 is hideous and want to theme it, most seem content with it. Other than the tweakers and stuff.

Not just tweakers.
Drug free individuals also enjoy jailbreaking their iDevices.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
cough *about 30 tweaks or so that iOS 7 doesn't have* cough *f.lux*

f.lux requires a double mention!

Definitely! It's a pity

- Apple still doesn't have anything like that built-in in the OS
- on Android, there are a lot of apps that do the same - without having to root / hack the device. I'm using these on my stock, unhacked Nexus 7 2013 and am very happy with them.

I's REALLY disgusting you can't even have the same on a non-JB'n iPad.

----------

I didn't mean it like that, I meant that instead of the vocal minority that think iOS 7 is hideous and want to theme it, most seem content with it.

"Most" refers to the non-tech savvy people and ones that have never seen a f.lux'ed screen...

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Having run iOS 7 for several weeks now, I think that I would probably not jailbreak if Apple simply allowed a five-icon dock (the reason I jailbroke in the first place four years ago!). I'd almost forgotten how smooth a stock iPhone could be.

There is also that tweak that prevents the badge from showing that IOS needs to be updated on your phone. That comes in VERY handy in keeping your jailbreak.

But if you are not jailbreaking, then it'd be kind of pointless to jailbreak just to add that tweak.

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
Aside from all the themes and such:

Activator (worth this on its own)
Nownow
Adblocker
Aloud
Callbar
Cleverpin
FoldeEnhancer (hate the new folders with a passion)
Iconoclasm (the fifth row of icons is awesome)
iKeywi (really miss this on my 5s)
Flux
Infinidock
Infiniboard
Bitesms
Applocker
Protube
Sendany
Springtomize2
Voicemail Forwarder (already miss this one big time)
Zephyr (miss this a lot as well)

I'll give kudos for the control center, really good, has almost everything I want in it. Goes a long way.

hansonjohn590

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2013
All that's left really is theming, and Activator shortcuts if you ever used them. l

If you think these are the only things a JB has to offer than boy did you do it wrong.

Just because there aren't hordes of people posting daily it doesn't mean a single thing. I believe evasion had 5 million installs in just the opening days.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Despite the protestations of the diehards here, I think the OP is absolutely right: there just isn't the clamor for a jailbreak this time around that there usually is. I've been here through four OS releases, and the number of threads desperately asking about jailbreak timelines, etc. is definitely down this year. And there seems to be a qualitative difference -- there's not the sense of urgency that there has been in previous years.

I put it down to a couple of things:

1) The novelty of iOS 7

2) The improved usability and functionality of iOS 7 eliminating some reasons for jailbreaking.

3) The wide availability of IMEI unlocks.

Slumpey

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2011
Charlotte
Aside from all the themes and such:

Activator (worth this on its own)
Nownow
Adblocker
Aloud
Callbar
Cleverpin
FoldeEnhancer (hate the new folders with a passion)
Iconoclasm (the fifth row of icons is awesome)
iKeywi (really miss this on my 5s)
Flux
Infinidock
Infiniboard
Bitesms
Applocker
Protube
Sendany
Springtomize2
Voicemail Forwarder (already miss this one big time)
Zephyr (miss this a lot as well)

I'll give kudos for the control center, really good, has almost everything I want in it. Goes a long way.

Several of these I use as well and are the reasons why I did NOT upgrade. Activator being #1 for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.