Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Maybe cause iOS 7 takes a lot of functionality from jailbreak tweaks, All that's left really is theming, and Activator shortcuts if you ever used them. I'm not buying intelliscreen again after they spat in my face lol

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Maybe cause iOS 7 takes a lot of functionality from jailbreak tweaks, All that's left really is theming, and Activator shortcuts if you ever used them. I'm not buying intelliscreen again after they spat in my face lol

*ahem*tether*cough*f.lux*cough*openSSH*ahem*

BL.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
cough *about 30 tweaks or so that iOS 7 doesn't have* cough *f.lux*

f.lux requires a double mention!

dude, you have some serious phlegm going on that makes Louis Armstrong sound more like Lou Rawls. You need to get that checked. :p

Oh.. did I mention f.lux? ;)

BL.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
*ahem*tether*cough*f.lux*cough*openSSH*ahem*

BL.
I could live without flux, I prefer brighter screens, all it did was take a little off my eyes but since my eyes are already screwed (upcoming retinal detachment) it doesn't matter..

I can tether cause of my data plan

Never really got into openSSH. The other tweaks are mostly gimmicks, few of them actually add any useful functionality. NCSettings/SBSettings were great but most of the common toggles are now in Control Center, whatever tweak changes the toggles will be great though.

scapegoat81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2012
Philly
I hear ya. It doesn't seem like demand is high this time around. Although Apple did cut out a few tweaks w/ iOS 7, I'll still JB my 5s. Until they add functionality such as BiteSMS, TetherMe, theming, iFile, & a better way to multitask such as Zephyr (Idk what the dev will do now that iOS 7 has a system wide swipe back & forward gesture), I'll continue to JB.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
There is also that tweak that prevents the badge from showing that IOS needs to be updated on your phone. That came in very handy when some iPhones were updating automatically to IOS 7. I never got that notification due to that tweak. That comes in VERY handy in keeping your jailbreak.

BL.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
There is also that tweak that prevents the badge from showing that IOS needs to be updated on your phone. That came in very handy when some iPhones were updating automatically to IOS 7. I never got that notification due to that tweak. That comes in VERY handy in keeping your jailbreak.

BL.

I thought jailbreaks turned off the auto update? I never saw a badge on mine when it was jailbroken (from the day it came out til around the iOS 7 beta 1)

munakib

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2011
The more people get over iOS7's "Fresh new look" and start to realize its flaws it will increase the JB's demand. I am actually happy that iOS7 is so flawed, it would make devs start thinking of improving features without Apple's stubborn reluctance.

I for one cant wait to change those icons and remove the non-essential animations. Still waiting on JB for 6.1.4 by @winocm additionally @pod2g and @planetbeing have been making alot of progress with iOS7 JB.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Many who jailbroke in the past to get the unlock, no longer need the jailbreak due to the wide availability of IMEI unlocks and the phasing out of older devices on which software unlocks were possible.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England

Just curious as to what you're basing the thread title on.

Oh, and quick compose/reply.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I thought jailbreaks turned off the auto update? I never saw a badge on mine when it was jailbroken (from the day it came out til around the iOS 7 beta 1)

For iOS 6 jailbreaks; I'm guessing he/she's talking about iOS 5 jailbreak

BBE

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2013
emulators+roms, xbmc, etc... I wouldn't even own an ipad if I couldn't jailbreak it. I'd just get a nexus.

plainwhitetay

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
North-east, Indiana
Quick reply for SMS, LockInfo (persistent lock screen is better for me personally), OpenNotifier, Activator (as you mentioned, which is actually huge), I 100% support and want Zephyr, iFile just to name a few.

iOS 7 may have met a lot of jailbreakers' needs, but far from it for me.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
^^^Agree!

I've got maybe 20-30 tweaks and so far from what I see iOS 7 only removes about three or four of them.

Ent

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
Obviously including the ones already mentioned, Pandora no skip hack & Pandora Downloader

td1439

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
Boston-ish
BiteSMS, iFile, OpenSSH, Nitrous, BytaFont (yes, I care about being able to change the font on my phone :p) - even without theming (we'll see what happens with Winterboard I guess), these are all reasons I want a jailbreak for 7. I love the styling of it (some of the hideous app icons aside), but I'm happy to stick on 6.1 until we get a jb for 7.

Samanosuke

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2013
cough *about 30 tweaks or so that iOS 7 doesn't have* cough *f.lux*

f.lux requires a double mention!

f.lux requires a triple mention... that and a quick reply and zephyr and some way to lock the screen without pushing the power button and I'll live... oh and adblock.... I refuse to use 99% of these fremium apps because they have too many ads.

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
I updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 7 and overall I like it, but I'm missing asktocall, already mis-dialled a couple people in my call list. very annoying!

however still loving the JB on my iPad 3.:cool:

Slumpey

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2011
Charlotte

Sorry, but total opposite will happen when the jailbreak for IOS 7.0 is eventually released. I'm predicting record number of people will take the plunge. Refuse to upgrade now. Beyond ugly colors and still lack for personalization/control of system.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area

Only thing I'm really looking for now is quick reply with my text.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.