Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wheeeelan

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2013
The video is good, but not the best iPhone ad. The color Gold is what they're focusing on rather than software etc :(

Apple is clearly moving to fashion as the primary driver of sales and that's not a bad thing at all. Apple doesn't particularly want to appeal to techies for these kind of products. Techies are opinionated, not very brand loyal and they don't see the value of fashion in selling a phone in the same way the rest of the public do. I think hiring all of these high-fashion execs is a really genius move by Cook. Particularly when you're a CEO considering the long term viability of the company, as it becomes more and more difficult to compete on specs to keep the other market happy.

Suspended
Sep 20, 2012
United Kingdom
Love it :D

If they'd taken the first seven seconds off the start they could've ended the ad on the "ooo lalalalalahhh" instead of the "ooo la la la la la"...might've sounded better.

Guitarpik

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011
Florida :/
I'm glad it doesn't mention that touch id is ONLY on the 5s as it gives some hope the iPad will get it. Although it doesn't seem like the type of commercial where they would mention that.

xNYMetsx

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2013
quick question:

do you guys click in your home button when unlocking with touchid, or just rest it on the home button?

i've found it's more accurate when you click it in, where as i initially only rested it there and it wasnt as accurate.

Click and place

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
No, no, no!

Apple needs to explain, in insulting terms, why it's BETTER than the Samsung phone, and the Windows phone--

Nah, gold pouring. Sexy song. Oh, yeah, and that fingerprint thing. I've heard of that. Looks great!

That's all they need to say.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Apple needs to explain, in insulting terms, why it's BETTER than the Samsung phone, and the Windows phone--

Nah, gold pouring. Sexy song. Oh, yeah, and that fingerprint thing. I've heard of that. Looks great!

That's all they need to say.

That's all that is really new (Touch ID) compared to what consumers are already familiar with, the iPhone 5.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Just what i was thinking . Such a classy stylish Phone and then you see the ios7 childish icons. Looks good on the 5c but not on the 5s after seeing this ad.

I never see these supposed childish icons because I have them hidden in folders. :D

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Something seems a little off with this ad...

Yup, it's lacking something indeed. It's not clear what is being shown at first and then it switches to a complete phone without transitioning gracefully from the flowing metal to the full phone. It feels jarred and incomplete.

That said, I think that it's meant more as a teaser and future ads will build on it.

Aucun Express

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2009
Just sublime. This ad makes you want to buy it instantly.
I am amazed by how long Apple succeeded to brilliantly market the iPhone, year after year.

carl0sian

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2011
Just what i was thinking . Such a classy stylish Phone and then you see the ios7 childish icons. Looks good on the 5c but not on the 5s after seeing this ad.

iOs 7 icons are fine and staying! Get over it!

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
Apple is clearly moving to fashion as the primary driver of sales and that's not a bad thing at all. Apple doesn't particularly want to appeal to techies for these kind of products. Techies are opinionated, not very brand loyal and they don't see the value of fashion in selling a phone in the same way the rest of the public do. I think hiring all of these high-fashion execs is a really genius move by Cook. Particularly when you're a CEO considering the long term viability of the company, as it becomes more and more difficult to compete on specs to keep the other market happy.

One of the smartest things I've read on these forums in a little while.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
I really hate that song. So annoying don't like the advert either. I miss the cheeeeesseee advert showcasing the panorama camera affect on the Iphone 5. Thats what you call a nice fun advert.

mytakeontech

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
So Apple has changed the strategy...

realizing wasting money and energy on pushing 5C...

Let's push 5S. Very few cared about 5C and not worth the whole marketing.

Akzel

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2008
Not a fan… I think this song has been used in ads before, so I don't think I'll relate song/product like I would if they chose a more original one.

Also, this whole golden thing has zero appeal to me, I guess I'm part of the "techy" group that's more interested in performance and component quality. Luxury brands does not equal better products, so I guess I'm back in the market for a new/better/different phone… :\

Rocco83

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
You too can have one in only 3-4 weeks!

Ordered mine last Saturday, won't ship until mid-November.

I ordered 3 Gold 64GB ones from Best Buy Last Thursday and got a call that they came in today. I think the shipping on them is extremely hit or miss.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.