Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple premiered a new ad called "Metal Mastered" during NFL games this afternoon, showcasing the new gold iPhone 5s. The ad, which features the song "Ooh La La" by sniffies [iTunes] and no dialogue, depicts golden liquid metal morphing into the iPhone 5s.

Earlier this week, Apple launched the first magazine ads for the iPhone 5s, also featuring the gold model.

The new ad is very similar to the Plastic Perfected spot for the iPhone 5c that debuted in September.

Apple has been heavily advertising the iPhone 5c on television in recent weeks, but we have seen relatively little about the 5s, likely because of tight supplies. The new television spot, in fact, includes a "subject to availability" disclaimer at the end.

Article Link: Apple Releases First iPhone 5s Television Ad

musika

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2010
New York
I like it. Good song choice, too.

Usually, I'd suggest really 'showing' the phone and how it actually works more than glitzy stuff like this, but everybody knows how to use an iPhone now, even with iOS 7.

A part of me prefers the casual nature of the 5c ads, but I see what they're doing here. They're making the 5s a luxury product, which is interesting.

JayCee842

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2013
The video is good, but not the best iPhone ad. The color Gold is what they're focusing on rather than software etc :(

max pl

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
quick question:

do you guys click in your home button when unlocking with touchid, or just rest it on the home button?

i've found it's more accurate when you click it in, where as i initially only rested it there and it wasnt as accurate.

Nullvector

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
You too can have one in only 3-4 weeks!

Ordered mine last Saturday, won't ship until mid-November.

Justan00b

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2013
quick question:

do you guys click in your home button when unlocking with touchid, or just rest it on the home button?

i've found it's more accurate when you click it in, where as i initially only rested it there and it wasnt as accurate.

I don't understand your question.
On mine, you MUST click... or how does your phone wake & start trying to read your print??

runeapple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2010
For some reason it reminds me of perfume adverts but maybe it's just me :p

Also they should have used the cosmic blue background instead of a plain white one :p

muadibe

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2010
On mine, you MUST click... or how does your phone wake & start trying to read your print??

Actually, you can turn on the phone using the power button at the top. If while doing so your finger/thumb is just resting on the home button, it will unlock straight away.

max pl

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010

i mean after you get to the unlock screen after initially clicking home or the power button.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
Something seems a little off with this ad...

I agree. But I am very aware of the fact that I am not Apple's target audience. At least not anymore. I'm 43 and I feel at least 30 years too old for that ad. Or the product - or rather: the projected image of the product - in it.

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
sniffies? I see what Apple did there.

I like the band though and this song suits the ad great! It gives it a "sexy" vibe, a bit like those intros to James Bond movies which also often play on the theme of gold, once even in the title.

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
quick question:

On mine you just press the home button once to wake the display up then rest it on the home button. Holding it in constantly will just activate Siri

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.