Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clukas

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
Looks that way. I'm currently downloading Mavericks, so I don't know for sure, but it seems logical that you won't see the new iWork until after you've upgraded the OS.

Im running Mavericks, still dont see any iWork updates :(.

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
Didn't they say 20 apps had been updated for Mavericks in the Keynote? So which ones have actually been announced so far?

iPhoto
iMovie
Garageband
Pages
Keynote
Numbers

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
Maps iBooks Safari

Those are not apps that Apple sells.

----------

Didn't they say 20 apps had been updated for Mavericks in the Keynote? So which ones have actually been announced so far?

iPhoto
iMovie
Garageband
Pages
Keynote
Numbers

They said Aperture and Final Cut also, but no release dates on either of them. I'm assuming Motion, Compressor and Logic were all updated as well. That makes 11 so far. What other apps are there?

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
Maps and iBooks are new apps, not updates.

But, yes, Safari I guess. So the rest of the 20 could just be apps that ship with OS X like Disk Utility, Airport Utility, Chess, etc...

No Aperture Pro X today then...

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
Maps and iBooks are new apps, not updates.

But, yes, Safari I guess. So the rest of the 20 could just be apps that ship with OS X like Disk Utility, Airport Utility, Chess, etc...

No Aperture Pro X today then...

I doubt they'd mention any system apps. Those are not updated all the time with new OS releases. So it's not news.

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
Server
+ iLife and iWork for iOS (6 apps)

We are at 18 apps...

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2012
Those are not apps that Apple sells.

----------

They said Aperture and Final Cut also, but no release dates on either of them. I'm assuming Motion, Compressor and Logic were all updated as well. That makes 11 so far. What other apps are there?

They said they updated 20 apps. They never said they were apps that were sold.

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
Has anyone tried the new iWork apps for OS X yet? Perhaps they don't even show up if Mavericks isn't installed (yet).

I bought iWork on disk many years ago. So presumably I'll need to purchase the new versions on the MAS. I wonder if iWork 09 will remain installed and keep working? I think I'd like to keep them about until I am sure that in terms of compatibility, functionality and ease of use we haven't adopted the lowest common denominator and lost out. The dumbed down screen shots of single documents worry me.

harry20larry

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Numbers is available in the Mac App Store, can only seem to purchase as new though. No option to update. I have never bought the apps in the store though, had them from ages past on a DVD!

EDIT: Getting all three now

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2012
I do see pages and keynote now.

----------

All iWork updates just showed up. Late 2012 rMBP with Mavericks. Looks like it doesn't have to be a new one.

Did you get them free?

Numbers is available in the Mac App Store, can only seem to purchase as new though. No option to update. I have never bought the apps in the store though, had them from ages past on a DVD!

EDIT: Getting all three now

Paying?

harry20larry

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
For all those see that they are free, did you buy iWork through the mac app store, or have them installed via DVD?

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
Does the new Numbers expand function compatibility? That was my major gripe with Numbers '09, a much too limited function list.

The new web pages say "over 250 functions", which is unfortunately exactly what they claimed for Numbers 09. It's a pain starting a project in Numbers than having to switch back to Excel due to a missing formula.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.