Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexgowers

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2012
They messed up core audio too still when going from 10.9 to 10.9.1

It's a HUGE issue for anyone using any external audio interface!

So far all the betas have made the issue much worse, and it's unusable for any professional or amateur use.

I don't understand why apple has messed with the sound part of the OS code it makes no sense considering any audio app should be auto excluded from it anyway.

kaellar

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2012
Am I the only one waiting for graphics performance bump to what we saw in DP6-7? Right now the OpenGL performance is lower than that by 35-50%, which is definitely NOT normal.

simps100

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
UK

So far all the betas have made the issue much worse, and it's unusable for any professional or amateur use.

I don't understand why apple has messed with the sound part of the OS code it makes no sense considering any audio app should be auto excluded from it anyway.

Is this what causes my usb headset to make some crazy robotic noise after a few hours of use on my imac late 2013?

Causing me massive problems and was hoping this would be fixed.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005

Didn't have any issues with Duet2.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003

No issues with my MOTU firewire box.

valdikor

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
Slovakia

No issues with my RME FireFace 400 hooked up through the Belkin Thunderbolt (among other hardware) to a 2013 MBA.

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
Just installed.

On the plus side, UI performance on my Unibody A1342 MacBook has sped up considerably (was getting Launchpad lag on the previous build) and my CPU and GPU temps have come down quite a bit along with RAM usage.

I am however getting audio interference on my external USB speakers where there was none before.

sshhoott

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2010
Just installed.

On the plus side, UI performance on my Unibody A1342 MacBook has sped up considerably (was getting Launchpad lag on the previous build) and my CPU and GPU temps have come down quite a bit along with RAM usage.

I am however getting audio interference on my external USB speakers where there was none before.

You mentioned that UI performance has increased. Are the changing spaces and mission control animations smoother than 10.9.1? And do they stay that way without rebooting the Macbook for a while?

beestigbeestje

macrumors regular
May 17, 2007
Belgium

What problems do you have?
I'm not having issues with the beta's and I've been doing recordings with external cards. Not Core audio though, dedicated drivers..

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
If you use the direct links it seems google chrome works much better than safari.

I just tried and failed to download the combo update for build 13C53 with safari with the direct link.

Then I retried with great success with google chrome.

It has always been this way and I still don't know why. Usually I just go straight for chrome because I know it works. But I thought today I'd give safari another go to see if it has improved - but nope! It downloads a bit of it and then stops.

We still have this embarrassing situation where one of apple's competitors' browsers downloads an apple system update better than apple's own browser!

Why do these betas download better with chrome than safari?

What are you talking about? The download is via the app store, not a browser
:confused:

It's a very slow download though, for whatever reason.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
I'm talking about direct links to download a delta or combo update for mavericks betas. These can be used to get the installers through a browser instead of the mac app store.

bmull

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2001
Fixes Thunderbolt Display?

I certainly hope this fixes the issue with connectivity to Thunderbolt Displays. Well documented problem...My display has just been a black screen for months. Nice, big, expensive paperweight.:mad::mad:

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I certainly hope this fixes the issue with connectivity to Thunderbolt Displays. Well documented problem...My display has just been a black screen for months. Nice, big, expensive paperweight.:mad::mad:

Obviously, Thunderbolt Displays are working for most people. Do you know that yours isn't broken?

SVTmaniac

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2013

Pretty sure that's a problem on your end. All of my devices connect perfectly to my Thunderbolt display.

bmull

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2001

Negaiido

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2010
Did the network adapter bug get fixed as well? The one that causes the ethernet connection to stop working after sleep.

Last edited:

mattyu007

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
Seattle, WA
Can someone try the following in Safari on the new 10.9.2 build?

1. Press Cmd-Shift-\ or pinch to show the multi-tab view.
2. Press Cmd-T to create a new tab.

In Safari 7.0.1 / OS X 10.9.1, the focused tab will navigate to the "new tab" home page, and a new blank tab will open at the far right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.