Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What 5S Color Will You Get?

• Silver / White

Votes: 601 28.2%
  • Space Grey

Votes: 1,079 50.6%
  • Gold / White

Votes: 772 36.2%

• Total voters

Shaggymax

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2013
Lanc, Penn USA
Get the 5S in blue...

samsung-galaxy-s5.jpg

Oops mean S5.....however, just bought my wife the iPhone 5S Space Gray. She doesn't care what color it is, so I picked the one with the slightly higher resale value...yes it is fact.

lip3281

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
I bought Space Gray. The front looks really nice when the screen is off. I have a black case too.

----------

The only down side of owning a black are the fingerprints.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I appreciate any input :)

I just got a Space Grey a few days ago. I'm not really sure if I'm sold on it. I think it's nice but it's a little monotonous after just upgrading from a black 4s. I'm very undecided, but I have to make a decision soon or I'll be stuck with it. My gut is telling me I want a white iPhone, so I think I should listen to it. Then the next decision is Silver vs Gold. I thought gold was amazing when it was first announced, but I think I cooled on it a bit, I still like it a lot though. And the Silver is a classic.

Has anybody bought a color and decided it wasn't for them? Whether it was preferring Space Grey, or something else, what made you decide, and how do you feel about your decision now?

figster

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2014
Originally wanted the silver on pictures but was sold on the grey when I saw it at a shop

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010

I just got a Space Grey a few days ago. I'm not really sure if I'm sold on it. I think it's nice but it's a little monotonous after just upgrading from a black 4s. I'm very undecided, but I have to make a decision soon or I'll be stuck with it. My gut is telling me I want a white iPhone, so I think I should listen to it. Then the next decision is Silver vs Gold. I thought gold was amazing when it was first announced, but I think I cooled on it a bit, I still like it a lot though. And the Silver is a classic.

Has anybody bought a color and decided it wasn't for them? Whether it was preferring Space Grey, or something else, what made you decide, and how do you feel about your decision now?

I had a white iPhone 4S and 5, along with my white iPads since the iPad 2 - but for my 5S i decided to go space grey - but I miss my white products. I like it a lot, don't get me wrong, but I wish I would have listened to my gut feeling and chosen gold. It would have been a variation on white but not the same. I don't like how space grey shows up fingerprints easier on the screen, but I will prob keep it until the 6 comes out and change back to white or gold. Listen to your gut and don't change colour just for the sake of it.

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada

I bought a black iphone 5 (when it came out) because there were no white iphones and I wanted it right away, I regret it a bit, the black one gets scuffed easily but I still love it! I just wish I didn't have to put an ugly case on it, hopefully the next iphone will be unscratchable and unbreakable lol

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
wanted a gold but got the space grey instead, i really don't like using a phone with a white screen, to be honest, the best iPhone I've ever used...

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012

I swapped my space grey today for a gold. Apple makes it so very hard to decide because either is so nice but the last day to swap for me had me pulling the trigger. I would have lost sleep tonight if I did not do it but I may lose some in the future. Time will tell but for now the gold is awesome!

----------

I bought a black iphone 5 (when it came out) because there were no white iphones and I wanted it right away, I regret it a bit, the black one gets scuffed easily but I still love it! I just wish I didn't have to put an ugly case on it, hopefully the next iphone will be unscratchable and unbreakable lol

Ugly case? Plenty of nice clear ones out there on the cheap so you can still see its great looks. Add a screen protector and viola!

dsquared81

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Orange County
Just picked up a space gray because I didn't want to pass up on a deal. I typically prefer white iPhones so when the 6 comes out I'll more than likely get white. Wanted to change it up for a few months too.

horcrux34

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2014
I got a gold one the first week, and still think it's great, but recently I also replaced a 5 with a silver 5s. The silver with the anodizing really looks more classy than I thought it would, and the gold looks a little blingy by comparison. Was pleasantly surprised with the silver.

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Sold my Space Gray and picked up a new 5s in Gold. This is my first iPhone/iPad that wasn't black, finally wanted to try something different. I do still have a Space Gray iPad so I get the best of both worlds.

VenusianSky

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2008
Got the black 64GB. I went to the store with the intention to get silver, but after seeing the space gray in person, I changed my mind. I was one the people that waited for the white iPhone 4 at launch, but gave up on waiting so got black. For some reason, I just feel like I see white iPhones all the time so the desire has sort of worn off. More importantly, I have upgraded from an iPhone 4 and now have 64GB that I needed. My 32GB was completely out of space.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.