Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What 5S Color Will You Get?

• Silver / White

Votes: 601 28.2%
  • Space Grey

Votes: 1,079 50.6%
  • Gold / White

Votes: 772 36.2%

• Total voters

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I've had black for all my iPhone's until the 5s which I got gold. Now I'm thinking silver for the 6 since that color seems to hold up the best against wear and tear.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
I'm probably going White/Silver again (I usually alternate every year). But I might go gold, if they make a Gold iPad. I think that would look really good. I don't really like the chrome bits on the gold, but the aluminum bit on the back is nice. And this new one looks like it won't have a chamfered edge, so less shiny gold bits. There will still be a shiny bit on the home button though.

I'll probably go white/silver, because I know I'll like it 10 months from now. Not sure I'll feel the same way about the gold. Plus the new UI I is predominantly white and seems to play better with the white more than the black.

However this is all under the assumption the black color combo will be black/space grey (which I don't dig so much). If it's black/slate, then I would probably get that. It seems the antenna bands on the back blend in better to the black than into the white.

Last edited:

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I was gonna go for black this time around (having had a gold 5s) but black always looks better on the store than it does in real life and tends to 'age' faster. I fell in love with the gold aluminium though so my order will be for one 16GB iPhone 6 Plus in Gold! I cannot wait to have a bigger phone! The ONE thing I was jealous of Android users for.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
All of the above!

I'm getting space gray
Wife getting silver
Daughter getting gold

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.