Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

biotoxin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2014
I recently purchased a imac g5 at yard sale, its got panther on it. I have been trying to update it to leopard. the dmg file is 8 gigs and the computer doesn't except dvd dl and panther doesn't except bootable usb drives. I tried to see if I could make a separate partition so I could boot it from there but the computer doesn't allow me to partition the internal hard drive because the original os boot image is on it. feeling frustrated please help

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
The only authorized version of Leopard is on a physical disc from Apple. If that's not what you're using, I'm not surprised you are having difficulty.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Please review the forum rules regarding piracy. Discussion on how to download, or circumvent licensing methods is not permitted.

Things Not to Do
Forum Rules

These habits can produce warnings and repeated violations can produce bans.
8. Warez/Serials/Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.