Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sophiamendezzz1

macrumors regular
May 20, 2014
Waitttttt

I would wait for the iPhone 6 forsureeeee! I've always opted out for the models that were reaching it's end because it was cheaper (sometimes even free) and I always just needed a new phone. I've always regretted it so this time I'm going to be waiting for the iPhone 6. I'm not really into the bigger version that is going to be released after the 4.7 inch I believe so 2-3 months is going to be worth the wait for me.

What are you leaning towards?

bagelche

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
Western Mass.
I've been thinking about upgrading to the 5S. I currently have the 5. I dont know if I should wait for the 6 or not. :confused:

With the 5, I would definitely wait for the 6. If you had a 4 (maaaybe a 4S), I could see picking up the 5S. I'm still on my 4S, but planning to go for the 6.

I'm also in the position of needing a phone for my mom. She has a dying flip phone and I'd like to get her an iPhone. For her I don't want to wait until September, so a cheap 4S-5 is likely (assuming I can find one).

hendrik84

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2011
That argument about the S models is lousy. Each year, the new iPhone is better than the preceding model. So the 5 was better than the 4S...

That's exactly why I said that argument was two sided. Of course a new model will be better than the previous S-model :)

The argument is for people who will update every other year and want to stay on the updated S cycle. Of course it's a given that for those 24 months you use that phone, there's a gonna be a better version out the latter 12 months of that time.

As for the looks to stay "current" for 24 months vs 12 months, I can't say I care much about that. I'm vain but not that vain :p

I still don't really know what to do though...yes I can wait...but the thought of having a camera and a voice recorder with me everywhere I go is really tempting. I do believe I'm going to want that 6 when it comes out though as I usually want the latest and greatest....despite my dinosaur Nokia phone.

Appreciate the replies!

I'll let you know what I end up with...(it's my birthday in six days so I've kinda reached the point of letting my better half decide for me:rolleyes:)

hungx

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2012
Davis, CA
I've been thinking about upgrading to the 5S. I currently have the 5. I dont know if I should wait for the 6 or not. :confused:

If you currently have the 5, I would wait for the 6. Besides Touch ID and a faster processor, there's not much difference between the 5 and the 5s.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
If you currently have the 5, I would wait for the 6. Besides Touch ID and a faster processor, there's not much difference between the 5 and the 5s.

Agreed, and the faster processor yields no 'real world' improvements as of yet. The o/s is no faster to navigate, apps open no quicker, and web browsing is at the same speed. Aside from touch ID and the shiny ring around your home button, plus the small camera improvements, you would think you were using the exact same phone.

vulcanvillalta

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2014
Agreed, and the faster processor yields no 'real world' improvements as of yet. The o/s is no faster to navigate, apps open no quicker, and web browsing is at the same speed. Aside from touch ID and the shiny ring around your home button, plus the small camera improvements, you would think you were using the exact same phone.

Such is the life of an apple user. :/ *Watching the world pass us by*

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
I've never had an iPhone before, only iPads and iPods.

Now that I'm thinking of one, it makes it hard to go for it when I keep hearing the news of a bigger better 6 just around the corner....of course, no matter what you buy, there's always gonna be something better out later on but it just makes me hesitate to go for a product that's reaching the end of its cycle.

What say ye MR's? Am I just super vain? How are you guys liking your iPhone 5s'?

:confused:

Depends. Do you NEED a new phone or do you just want one? If you are in need of a new phone then get the 5S, if not you can wait.

vulcanvillalta

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2014
In all honesty, if you have an ipad, the only difference is that the iphone places calls. You might be better off having some android phone, because then the apps you can use are not limited to the itunes app store, but then you have access to google play. I think it's a good idea to have a mix. It multiplies your options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.