Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

sik08amg

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2012
Tampa, FL
You no longer have to hit load more messages in messages. It auto loads. Also when making a call, the persons name scrolls from right to left.

Can anyone confirm if air drop works with Yosemite? I was unsuccessful earlier.

Last edited:

DarkCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2013
Voice activation for Siri is pretty cool when you're plugged in. At first I thought it was only when you're in the car but it looks like it works whenever the phone is plugged in. So with this enabled I wonder if this will slow down charging since the phone will be using more power?

jutte64

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Fort Recovery , OH
I can certainly agree with is as well. I only really plug in my ipad at night, when it needs to charged, and it'd be nice to be able to use this as I'm wandering around the house.

Particularly, when I'm making breakfast, or something to that effect, with my hands full. I'd love to be able to say "Hey, Siri, change the song," and not worry about washing my hands.

Isn't this feature there for hands free use in your car? At which time they would assume you would have the phone connected to your radio, therefor being plugged in.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Was hoping for pdfs and other files.

Also, does search in messages still suck? i.e. requires loading messages dozens of times rather than taking you to the message you searched for
Search still seems to work the same way as before only taking you to the conversation.

----------

weather is soooo much better. 9 days of forecast and additional info is at the bottom (instead of pressing the temperature), plus new animations.

has anyone noticed the the battery icon is slightly longer?

no more "missed" notifications in the notification center pull down.

"recently deleted" album in photos

camera roll is gone and so are about 4000 photos of mine.

the timer function for camera is awesome and take 11 burst photos for 3 or 10 second countdowns.

----------

Nice!!! I've been wanting this feature for a very long time now!
Have you tried selecting Photos instead of Albums at the bottom of the Photos app to see if you see more of your photos?

invisiblegt

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2013
Transparent dock? Pretty please, someone tell me this wasn't mentioned, but was quietly rolled out...

NickyLanzz

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
East Coast
weather is soooo much better. 9 days of forecast and additional info is at the bottom (instead of pressing the temperature), plus new animations.

has anyone noticed the the battery icon is slightly longer?

no more "missed" notifications in the notification center pull down.

"recently deleted" album in photos

camera roll is gone and so are about 4000 photos of mine.

the timer function for camera is awesome and take 11 burst photos for 3 or 10 second countdowns.

----------

Nice!!! I've been wanting this feature for a very long time now!

I am very upset about the camera roll as well. But I am sure it ill be back in a future beta.

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
why the hell did you even make this thread if you had no plan on updating it :/

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
Military time for the clock now reads in correct format. 0010 right now instead of 010

justblais

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2013
Has anyone figured out how to get Continuity rocking and rolling with their phone and OS X? My MBP and 5S can't seem to connect to each other via bluetooth

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
Has anyone figured out how to get Continuity rocking and rolling with their phone and OS X? My MBP and 5S can't seem to connect to each other via bluetooth

Someone in another thread said that they think it works off of wifi ... Are they both on the same network?

stupid question but are you also are u running Yosemite beta?

astral125

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
I searched and I didn't see this mentioned:

You can title a group message thread in the "Details" area. The title shows up instead of the names in your text message list.

Leaving a group message is greyed out, and adding someone to an existing thread doesn't work yet, but the GUI is there.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.PNG
    IMG_0002.PNG
    86.1 KB · Views: 254

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
I searched and I didn't see this mentioned:

You can title a group message thread in the "Details" area. The title shows up instead of the names in your text message list.

Leaving a group message is greyed out, and adding someone to an existing thread doesn't work yet, but the GUI is there.

It seems that the group chat has to be an iMessage to leave and add people. I am in multiple chats and the only ones that I can share my location with and "do not disturb " are the iMessage chats

justblais

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2013
Someone in another thread said that they think it works off of wifi ... Are they both on the same network?

stupid question but are you also are u running Yosemite beta?

Can't seem to see anything coming off the Wifi network, yes I'm on the Yosemite beta

Tried connecting the two via Bluetooth but my 5S is completely unwilling to connect to my MBP, even after re-pairing the devices

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Please tell me we can finally turn the low battery alerts into banners...

astral125

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
It seems that the group chat has to be an iMessage to leave and add people. I am in multiple chats and the only ones that I can share my location with and "do not disturb " are the iMessage chats

Although this seems to be true, leaving and adding people aren't working yet even with iMessage threads.

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Mar 2, 2009
It's fun to tap on predictive randomly and see what pops up.....

Attachments

• predictive1.png
    predictive1.png
    384.5 KB · Views: 290
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.