Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
• Notes - Now syncs with iCloud and Gmail ! I think before you had to have a @me.com account. Finally I can edit notes on the computer and have it synced to the phone.

This is not a new feature. I've been able to sync notes over Gmail's servers for a long time.

Still requires an iCloud-based email if you want to use iCloud.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
This is not a new feature. I've been able to sync notes over Gmail's servers for a long time.

Still requires an iCloud-based email if you want to use iCloud.

Damn. But I know before you needed @me.com account to sync, at least now the @icloud.com account works. Multiple accounts in Notes is not new also? I'm pretty sure that's new.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Damn. But I know before you needed @me.com account to sync, at least now the @icloud.com account works. Multiple accounts in Notes is not new also? I'm pretty sure that's new.
I've had iCloud, Google, and Exchange accounts in Notes in iOS 7 if not even before.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
• In clocks app, status bar on top is now visible, showing current time, battery info, etc.

• Notes - Now syncs with iCloud and Gmail ! I think before you had to have a @me.com account. Finally I can edit notes on the computer and have it synced to the phone.
Just checked an iPhone 5 with iOS 7 still on it and I can see the status bad while in the Clock app there as well.

Winona Northdakota

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2010
• In clocks app, status bar on top is now visible, showing current time, battery info, etc.

Not new.

0a1908d0dfa25b3d061662d7bbb85e1a.jpg

appleii.c

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2013
Photo Metadata

Apologies if this has been answered already but I didn't see it while quickly browsing the many posts on this thread.

In iPhoto I was able to see the Metadata for a given image. Shutter Speed, Exposure etc. Since iPhoto is gone, is there a native way to view this info in the photos app?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I am happy that Apple seems to be opening up a little and allowing apps to talk to each other. I saw that Safari got some extensions, but will developers (specifically 1Password) be able to implement the extensions themselves, or will Apple decide who gets to get their hooks into Safari?

I'm just hoping Apple doesn't take this "allow third part app extensions" too far by comprising security too.

rza49311

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2007
Apologies if this has been answered already but I didn't see it while quickly browsing the many posts on this thread.

In iPhoto I was able to see the Metadata for a given image. Shutter Speed, Exposure etc. Since iPhoto is gone, is there a native way to view this info in the photos app?

I'm not sure but I do know ExifWizard(Free) works great for this.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Hi all..

In iOS i found in Settings >> Music section, with 8.4.1, the "iCloud Library" option sometimes refuses to stay on and off.

eg.. When i turn icloud library on and go back, then go back in the option is now off and when turning off, and going back, its turned back on.

This is annoying and takes a few goes before it sticks. Anyone notice this ? Any fix? I'm signed into same ID use for AM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.