Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SILVERMX

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2014
Just upgraded yesterday from a 4 with 8gb to a 5s 16gb space gray, comes with 7.1 ios checked out the serial it was manufactured in april, huge improvment from the old 4 lol,

m3kk

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2014
Also finally back to iPhone :) my last Iphone was 3GS , been running android since then. Got a deal with iPhone 5s+Apple TV+iPad mini I could not refuse . I love it so much !

kaimaikid

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2014
Well my story goes.....

Went in to Telecom to upgrade my Samsung galaxy nexus to a Samsung galaxy s5 and was sooooooooo disgusted at the horrible cheap nasty imitation plastic chrome edge and nasty plastic case that I got the iphone 5s instead.

The iphone 5s black 16gb was free with my plan and to me cosmetically is light years ahead of the new S5 - I like metal :D hence why I went to a Lunatik Taktik Extreme case to protect my wee machine.

Just glad the iphones come out in many colours as I couldn't handle having a white phone.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Was never sure if I would get a smartphone, but I am getting a 32 GB "Space Gray" iPhone 5S this Wednesday. I was on the fence about a smartphone, but my dad made a huge decision we would all get iPhones this last weekend and is paying for both the phone and plan. It's a long story from which I'll spare everyone, but I'm excited for it. I just bought an Otterbox symmetry case, and my dad ordered some cheap screen protectors for all of us that I'll use as well.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
kaimaikid said:
Well my story goes.....

Went in to Telecom to upgrade my Samsung galaxy nexus to a Samsung galaxy s5 and was sooooooooo disgusted at the horrible cheap nasty imitation plastic chrome edge and nasty plastic case that I got the iphone 5s instead.

The iphone 5s black 16gb was free with my plan and to me cosmetically is light years ahead of the new S5 - I like metal :D hence why I went to a Lunatik Taktik Extreme case to protect my wee machine.

Just glad the iphones come out in many colours as I couldn't handle having a white phone.

Lucky!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forum Fiend v1.2.8.

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
A little late with my posting, but I have jumped from a black 4S to a gold 5S! Love it even more than I thought possible! <3

dejson

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
Finally after so many years of thinking I decided to buy brand new iPhone 5S 32 GB Spacegray. And I swear that thia is far the best phone I ever had. I had NOTE 3 for 9 month. I had a lot of android phones since 2008. But now I am using iPhone and I am sure that I will never go back to Android. Why should I ?

absolut`

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Just picked up a gold 16gb 5s off of Swappa. My HTC One M8 is going to my dad. Will either sell or keep the 5s as a development phone, when the 5.5" 6 comes out.

ig888

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2014
New York
from S4 to 5S

I thought that Samsung S4 is a worthy alternative, but now, $600 price for a new unlocked iPhone 5S (secondary market) – combined with a t-Mobile no-contract service rates – makes me think again.

pirarre

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2010
I had a 5s... Went to the playground with my kids. When I got home, the phone had a small pencil tip dent on the back of the phone. Figured it was too fragile and grabbed a 5c now.

GTAmissions1

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2013
I just purchased the iPhone 5C which I would buy the 5S, but since I only have the "budget" for the 5C, that is what I purchased and it was in the "blue colour."

Now, I think the 5C is a good product in my view, but since people are getting the "wrong impression" regarding what the "purpose of the product line" is supposed to "offer the consumer", I would think it is to provide "more colour options" since some people prefer "more variety."

What helped make things better is I got the iWork software for free since I purchased the iPhone 5C unlocked at the Apple store. I think it is worth the purchase "considering" that I am trying to move into "unlocked devices" instead of going with two year contracts.

Two year contracts, I save money, but I prefer to own my device and have an option to use any nano-SIM card instead of being locked to a carrier.

My family and friends are getting into iPhones and I think it is a good purchase to get something well-built and designed along with a "good experience" built in every Apple product.

GTAmissions1

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2013
You sure "use quotes" a "whole lot". :confused:
Sorry about the confusion, just wanted to get the details out about my experience.

Just went through 24 hours with an iPhone 5C and I think it is a good phone considering the "price" I paid for which was $676.87.

Might take some time getting used to which is a thin device, but I think I will get used to the product.

CrimsonKnight

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Denver, CO
Sorry about the confusion, just wanted to get the details out about my experience.

Just went through 24 hours with an iPhone 5C and I think it is a good phone considering the "price" I paid for which was $676.87.

Might take some time getting used to which is a thin device, but I think I will get used to the product.

A case might fix that. The iPhone naked tends to be slippery.

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
IWhat helped make things better is I got the iWork software for free since I purchased the iPhone 5C unlocked at the Apple store. I think it is worth the purchase "considering" that I am trying to move into "unlocked devices" instead of going with two year contracts.
Sorry to burst your bubble but everyone who gets an iDevice gets iWork software free, not just those who bought directly from Apple.

In fact I Work is included with every Mac as well. It has been this way since last year.

FibroidPuppy

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2014
I bought a blue 5c at new year to replace the 5 I had since it's release, it's a great phone, fat better than the original 5 I had

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I've just bought a refurbished iPhone 5 to replace my 4S.

I can really tell this thing has double the memory - it's much quicker, especially safari.

I'm not too fussed on having the latest iPhone - I really just want to protect my unlimited data tariff which is no longer available.

Not technically a 5S but just thought I'd share it.

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
I gave my first 5S to my Daughter who needed to upgrade from the iPhone 4. I was going to use her iPhone 4 temp. until the 6 came out but couldn't stand it after the first day with it, so I went to Apple 2 weeks ago and purchased the Unlocked Silver, 64GB iPhone 5S at full retail. :apple:

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I gave my first 5S to my Daughter who needed to upgrade from the iPhone 4. I was going to use her iPhone 4 temp. until the 6 came out but couldn't stand it after the first day with it, so I went to Apple 2 weeks ago and purchased the Unlocked Silver, 64GB iPhone 5S at full retail. :apple:

We did something simialr, my 32gb 5 went to my son, his 5c went to my daughter and i am now using her 4s. i am kind of digging the 4s right now.

Eileen89

macrumors 65816
Aug 12, 2014
We did something simialr, my 32gb 5 went to my son, his 5c went to my daughter and i am now using her 4s. i am kind of digging the 4s right now.

My son has the 4S so I think I would have waited till the 6 came out if I had that one. The iPhone 4 running iOS 7 was just painfully slow for me. Or maybe I am just too used to LTE now to go back to anything that has less speeds than that. At least I'll have a nice backup device with the 5S in case I ever need it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.