Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coleblk

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2013
I love this ad! They really hit it out of the park with the retro Apple logo usage. :apple: Much classier than that other ad posted here today from you know who... :p

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
This ad addresses one area in which Macs have beaten PCs since their inception. Sure, there are software, UI, and hardware requirements that one must consider before buying a computer, but this is what most people need to know: Is there a logo depicting an apple on the back of my computer, and if so, will the surrounding surface allow for the application of stickers?!

The answer, of course, for Macs is a resounding "YES!". As a matter of fact, the sticker application area is up to 35x faster than leading PCs! You can even overclock the sticker applying process to reach 40-45x.

Slowest news day, ever.

I'm sure Arn will be speeding things up after such well-put commentary. :p

aKpqxDh.gif

Last edited:

triphoniallc

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2011
Apple is back. These are the ads I loved! Although, it is oddly similar to the google play advertisement.

brunosh

macrumors regular
May 14, 2014
The notebook line surely hasn't gotten the love it deserves, great to see this as they're usually overshadowed by the iPhone. But the flashing Apple logo at the end does seem suspicious and un-Apple'y. Are you sure it's not an ad from the makers of those MacBook stickers?

This sure does look very un-apple and looks more like a sticker ad.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
WHHAAAAAT!!!? Wow I loved that commerical!!! The music was so unlikely apple yet very appropriate! And the message was so clear, loved the decals. Plus the nice little flashback of the apple logo was cool too! Loving the new Apple!

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
Finally a Mac ad...

What intrigues me is why Apple would launch a MacBook Air ad if it plans to launch a redesigned version of the laptop in the coming months. Does it mean that Apple plans to keep the design for a little while?

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Is it just me or the volume is too low?

Seems to have been recorded from a separate device while the ad played on a TV. That would explain the strange presentation of the ad.

And the weird flashing multi-coloured Apple logo at the very end is suspicious.

----------

This is not an official Apple ad. No way.

macaddiict

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2005
Albuquerque, NM

----------

----------

Agreed. I have a feeling we'll be seeing an update on this story soon retracting that it is an official Apple ad. In addition to general feeling that this doesn't go along with Apple's current campaigns at all, it also uses a lot of trademarked images without any text indicating the trademark owners.

My guess: nicely done student project.

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
Seems to have been recorded from a separate device while the ad played on a TV. That would explain the strange presentation of the ad.

----------

Why would (at least what I expect is) a sports network play an unofficial Apple ad?

macaddiict

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2005
Albuquerque, NM
Just rewatched it. The video of the notebook is from previous ads. They've just added stickers and paused in places. Check out the previous ads.

The 6-color logo was crazy enough. Even if Apple was going there, they certainly wouldn't use an ad with a FLYING BULLET depicted in it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.