Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zoboomafoo

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2002
ya it's not working for me either, it errors out with just a little bit left to go in the download process. i might attempt to update my os and try again, i haven't done the latest point release of mavericks, so ... maybe that's it? Maybe?

noahc

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2005
I had this problem yesterday, twice, and then again this morning. It would download most of the way and then fail inexplicably.

I tried a fourth time, and it went through successfully. No idea why, but the best I can suggest is to KEEP TRYING.

Robert.Walter

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2012
Why would Apple be having a problem with its servers?

It's not like the first time, or even the second, Apple has released a new OS for mac.

Compared to normal public releases, if apple's using the same servers for the beta, then the servers must be running nearly at idle for this release.

MarkusD

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2014
happening to me to

BVX5jWM.png

Happening at home and work.
Comcast at home
state provided internet at work

JCsHands2

macrumors member
May 2, 2013
I got the e-mail, clicked the link, and it downloaded and installed in short order. I don't understand why people are having problems.

It's very simple.

Because sometimes it something out of your hands. I have two machines, the first would continually fail to download. The App Store would simply display "waiting" and after a while fail without a message. After trying a number of things on my laptop I gave up and downloaded it on my Hackintosh.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
I don't think it's the ISP... I have tried from work, from home, etc, and it keeps failing. Late last night I got the closest... It didn't fail until 4GB, but now it's failing closer to 500MB... sigh... I wish Apple did downloads either as P2P or in a way where you could resume!

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Of the 1,000,000 copies available, I wonder how many have been downloaded and installed.

Let's count: 1 :D

2 :D

I downloaded yesterday and at first, after hitting the redemption code, it did not seem to work. But then I saw the icon show up with the progress bar. I played with it a little last night and did find three process that were not responding so I reported those. Otherwise, seems to work. I will be playing over the weekend before making any major statements, but so far no other issues to report.

joeblough

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2006
same here, comcast in northern california. i guess the problem is on apple's end since so many people are not able to download this thing.

richeyty

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2013
Maybe it has something to do with the feedback assistant/ beta version of mavericks?

abiem

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2014
Had same issue but solved

my download died like 3 or 4 times during load. Each time I just went to PURCHASES and click the download button again and it resumed -- eventually it finished! but OW the low UI contrast is hurting my eyes

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Not working here either in the bay area, CA. Kept trying all of yesterday and early morning today, still no goods. Fails around 1 GB and sometimes it restarts even earlier at 500 MB and goes back to 0. Weird....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.