Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

audiomind5

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2014
When I look in the Photos app, "Photostream" is gone? It is still turned on in the settings and I get the photos in iPhoto on my iMac, but when I delete the photo on my iPhone I does not go away on my iMac as before and the other way around. The folder "Photostream" is completely gone in the Photos app.

Also I can't edit the order of my albums anymore?

Anyone else have this problem? Is it a bug or just me who does not understand the new way it works?

Same issue here was wondering the same thing. Either it's a bug or they've completely done away with photo stream on iOS

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
iOS 8 Beta 4 Tidbits: Tips App, Control Center Redesign, New Display Options

I really, really hate that control center mockup. Why is iOS going in the visual direction of a childs toy?

Not a mockup. It's real.

Also it looks nothing like a kids toy.

When I look in the Photos app, "Photostream" is gone? It is still turned on in the settings and I get the photos in iPhoto on my iMac, but when I delete the photo on my iPhone I does not go away on my iMac as before and the other way around. The folder "Photostream" is completely gone in the Photos app.

Also I can't edit the order of my albums anymore?

Anyone else have this problem? Is it a bug or just me who does not understand the new way it works?

It's not a bug. You probably enabled iCloud photo library, which makes photos stream redundant. It turns your entire photo collection into a massive photo stream. Check the keynote or the apple site for iOS 8 out.
http://www.apple.com/ios/ios8/photos/

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
How about not littering the thread with completely irrelevant chatter?

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
You said it was the worst UI change since the first beta of iOS 7, that's making a big deal out of it.

No I didn't. I said the change was for the worse, just like most changes since the new UI was first revealed. Not a big deal AT ALL. I still love the general design, I just made an observation.

Homme

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Sydney
Now I don't understand why the handoff and settings isn't on the 4S. This is stupid considering it was available in Beta 3, and as a reminder, handoff requires Bluetooth 4.0 LE and Bluetooth LE only. 4S has this, and for those who think Wi-Fi Direct is part of this, the front page mentions the 4S not having this and not the iPad 3, which has the same Bluetooth Chip as the 4S and both don't have Wi-Fi Direct. I hope this is a mistake Apple made on itself but considering the 4S is the second oldest iOS Device to support iOS 8... I dunno maybe age but I hope that isn't the reason and it was a mistake

But then this isn't the first time Apple has done this anyway.

Last edited:

moxin

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
Apple, I'm begging you, please make Control Center customizable. I NEVER use the orientation lock, but I do frequently turn cell data and personal hotspot on and off. Thank you.

Just saying i use the orientation lock frequently. please don't add features on expense of others.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Just saying i use the orientation lock frequently. please don't add features on expense of others.
Why would making it customizable where people could choose what works better for them make anything come at an expense to others? Seems like it would only be better as everyone could select what works for them.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
Enough with the off topic chatter about over weight and food.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
[MOD NOTE]
Enough with the off topic chatter about over weight and food.

LOL!!! Computers, Video games and Big Screen TVs are the #1 cause.

----------

Now I don't understand why the handoff and settings isn't on the 4S. This is stupid considering it was available in Beta 3, and as a reminder, handoff requires Bluetooth 4.0 LE and Bluetooth LE only. 4S has this, and for those who think Wi-Fi Direct is part of this, the front page mentions the 4S not having this and not the iPad 3, which has the same Bluetooth Chip as the 4S and both don't have Wi-Fi Direct. I hope this is a mistake Apple made on itself but considering the 4S is the second oldest iOS Device to support iOS 8... I dunno maybe age but I hope that isn't the reason and it was a mistake

But then this isn't the first time Apple has done this anyway.

I wonder if iOS 8 will have a slimmer footprint than previous versions. Anyone could comment about this?

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
If you need a Tips app, you're doing something wrong.

Name one operating system from the beginning of computing to the present day in which all user-facing functionality is completely obvious without having to look something up.

Everybody is wrong, I suppose!

JGIGS

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
Yeah, the craziness of Apple allowing you different tones for different contacts, or select which contacts you want to get email notifications from, or when you don't want to be disturb, or anything like that...something like that just never happens.

Ummm pretty much every smartphone platform does that or at the very least allows you to download app that can. That's standard bare minimum customization. Take the blinders off yo.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Ummm pretty much every smartphone platform does that or at the very least allows you to download app that can. That's standard bare minimum customization. Take the blinders off yo.
No blinders. But also customization being allowed, right? Now the question is degree of customization. Sure, there's certainly a difference there. But to laugh off implying that there's no customization, that's also some blinders there or just unnecessary hyperbole at the least.

JGIGS

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
No blinders. But also customization being allowed, right? Now the question is degree of customization. Sure, there's certainly a difference there. But to laugh off implying that there's no customization, that's also some blinders there or just unnecessary hyperbole at the least.

I just consider what you call customization regular smartphone features. Customization in my mind is more changing layout and look of the OS. I think we just have different definitions of customization on a smart phone.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I just consider what you call customization regular smartphone features. Customization in my mind is more changing layout and look of the OS. I think we just have different definitions of customization on a smart phone.
Sounds like we do. Customization being able to change various settings to personal taste goes way beyond the color or simply how something comes off visually.

TangerineFloyd

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2014
So . . .

iOS7 design concept: "People know how to use a smart phone, let's get rid of all these useless visual cues that are cluttering up the UI"

iOS8 design concept: "People don't know how to interact with the UI anymore. Let's provide weekly Tips to help them out"

Or . . .

iOS7 design concept: "People know how to use a smart phone, let's get rid of all these useless visual cues that are cluttering up the UI"

iOS8 design concept: "However, there might still be some people that do not know how to interact with the UI. Let's provide weekly Tips to help them out"

Sverkel

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
Denmark
Nope I did not? I can see all my photos still go to my iMac in iPhoto but when I remove photos from iPhoto on my iMac they don't go away on the iPhone as they used to?

Not a mockup. It's real.

Also it looks nothing like a kids toy.

It's not a bug. You probably enabled iCloud photo library, which makes photos stream redundant. It turns your entire photo collection into a massive photo stream. Check the keynote or the apple site for iOS 8 out.
http://www.apple.com/ios/ios8/photos/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.