Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
Hi there, about the OS X 10.9/10.10 on X3100 card based systems, were you able to get the system up & running with graphics acceleration?? I have a vanilla proof of concept install with me, everything except graphics acceleration works.. the only 64bit kexts available for X3100 are officially compatible only with Snow Leopard 10.6.. user: RV-ABZ has been continuously saying it might not be possible to get these older gen cards (GMA 950, 965, X3100 etc) up & running on 64bit since newer OS has shifted to OpenGL framework..
MLforALL's been struggling himself to get it run stable.. could you please send me the 4 graphics kexts if you have it up & running with graphics acceleration.. Thanks!!

No Graphics Acceleration yet. I've been working with Wayne and MLforAll on this issue. The 10.6.2 kexts are the only ones with 64 bit support but it does help a little. If you want to help, contact MLforAll on Skype: kelian.dumarais. More people means more ideas and help.

srihari83

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2014
No Graphics Acceleration yet. I've been working with Wayne and MLforAll on this issue. The 10.6.2 kexts are the only ones with 64 bit support but it does help a little. If you want to help, contact MLforAll on Skype: kelian.dumarais. More people means more ideas and help.

Have inboxed you.. please do read.. thanks for the reply! :)

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
OS X Yosemite on Unsupported Mac

Yep. Getting ready to dissect this OS X 10.10 Public Beta (14A299I). I will have a guide for GMA 950 and X3100 soon.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 1.28.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 1.28.03 PM.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 309

caliman

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
I've working with multiple Macbook early 2008 (X3100) for Mavericks and Yosemite. I don't want to post a full guide here but I can email you instructions.

I just sent you a PM... I also have an Early 2008. Would appreciate emailed instructions.

Thanks.

Ismelito

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2008
Yep. Getting ready to dissect this OS X 10.10 Public Beta (14A299I). I will have a guide for GMA 950 and X3100 soon.

Will the white iMac 24" users (Nvidia 7300GT) get a bit of love as well? :D
I'd love to use Mavericks or Yosemite on this old but beautiful Mac :/

hermit

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2007
usa
Has anyone successfully gotten Mavericks to run on MBA 1,1 ? I tried using SFOTT script but could not get the Mavericks USB to boot.

peic

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2014
Sure! I look in the it. Don't have working 64 bit iMac 24" kernels right now though.

I have a MB late 2007 X3100 4GB RAM on Lion and it's super slow.... Do you think it would get better with a new fresh Mavericks ? If so please send me the instructions ;) ;)

amitkottur

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2014
OS X Yosemite on unsupported MacBook

Yes, even I am looking forward to getting instructions. Let me know how to contact you for the necessary information.

128kmacintosh

macrumors member
May 20, 2014
USA
installing mavericks on mac pro 1.1

Hey everyone , I am having trouble installing mavericks on my 1.1.
I upgraded to 3.0ghz 8 core
got 10gb memory
an ATI 5770 hd card
and when I reboot with the USB drive in I get the apple screen with the
circle circle circle circle ...
and that goes on for a really long time
Actually, I don't see anything happening apart of the circle.
does it take more than 20 mins to process and then start?
I downloaded the Mavericks version from the app store on my macbook pro and installed on the USB via the SFOTT tool.

mrazevedo

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2014
I just sent you a PM... I also have an Early 2008. Would appreciate emailed instructions.

Thanks.

Please I have MacBook2,1 - MB21.00A5.B07.
Please send me a GUIDE too, to install Mavericks on it.

thanks a lot.:apple:

----------

Hi.
Anyone help.

Please send me a FULL GUIDE to install Mavericks on it.

Thanks a lot.

Now I am using Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8.4 MLPostFactor V 0.3):apple:

mrazevedo

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2014
We'll be downloading it first hand and get it tested out :p - From HackerWayne & MLForAll (MLPostFactor)

What we know so far.

- Won't work with anything that doesn't run Mountain Lion.
- EFI64 only, just like 10.8.
- 64-bit support for older Macs (that currently runs MLPFv0.3) is not going to be easy as many things has changed.

SUCCESS!!! Maverick on old 2006 iMac!! Pics up later.

Got it working on X3100 based MacBooks too. Tons of issues. Bugs and glitches everywhere and graphics doesn't quite work yet. Its gonna be like how MLPF started at first. So be patient. :)

Hi.

Thanks a lot.

Now I am using Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8.4 MLPostFactor V 0.3)

srihari83

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2014
Hi.

Thanks a lot.

Now I am using Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8.4 MLPostFactor V 0.3)

@mrazevedo: Check these posts, the guide in the 2nd link one worked like a charm on my MB 3.1.. but still no graphics acceleration, everything else works though.. it'll just be a proof of principle attempt at this stage..
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/18413581/

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/18417489/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1661990/

You say you have ML 10.8.4 running on your MB2.1, do you have it running with proper graphics acceleration? ML like Mavericks & Yosemite also needs 64bit kexts for graphics acceleration.. MB2.1 has GMA950 card, right? If it's working on your system, could you please post the 64bit kexts??

mrazevedo

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2014
@mrazevedo: Check these posts, the guide in the 2nd link one worked like a charm on my MB 3.1.. but still no graphics acceleration, everything else works though.. it'll just be a proof of principle attempt at this stage..

You say you have ML 10.8.4 running on your MB2.1, do you have it running with proper graphics acceleration? ML like Mavericks & Yosemite also needs 64bit kexts for graphics acceleration.. MB2.1 has GMA950 card, right? If it's working on your system, could you please post the 64bit kexts??

----

I need OSInstall.mpkg right?

Is this it: http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/172-osinstall-mbr-osinstall-mpkg-10-9-x/

I am not sure to do the guide you sent me now. I need to read again and understand the procedure.

Did you do it on Macbook 2.1?
Are there problem with ntel GMA 950 64 MB of Shared System Memory

I´m trying to discovery my boad-id... and I used this command: ioreg -lp IOService | grep board-id

But I don´t have asnwer..

Last edited:

128kmacintosh

macrumors member
May 20, 2014
USA
got 10gb memory
an ATI 5770 hd card
I downloaded the Mavericks version from the app store on my macbook pro and installed on the USB via the SFOTT tool.

atvusr

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
I need OSInstall.mpkg right?

Modifying OSInstall.mpkg: extract with xar -x -f OSInstall.mpkg then add your Board-ID to the Distribution file and finally make a new OSInstall.mpkg: xar -c -f OSInstall.mpkg *

The command ioreg -lp IODeviceTree | grep board-id should display: | "board-id" = <"Mac-F4208CA9">

Better use the SFOTT App-Script to create a Install-Medium. Have a look at my Post regarding a Guide for installing Mavericks.

Last edited:

128kmacintosh

macrumors member
May 20, 2014
USA
got 10gb memory
an ATI 5770 hd card
bump

mrazevedo

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2014
Modifying OSInstall.mpkg: extract with xar -x -f OSInstall.mpkg then add your Board-ID to the Distribution file and finally make a new OSInstall.mpkg: xar -c -f OSInstall.mpkg *

The command ioreg -lp IODeviceTree | grep board-id should display: | "board-id" = <"Mac-F4208CA9">

Better use the SFOTT App-Script to create a Install-Medium. Have a look at my Post regarding a Guide for installing Mavericks.

Dear atvus.

If I understand well, wasting time installing the Mavericks in my MacBook2, 1 - MB21.00A5.B07, is a waste of time. Right?

It will not be good. Is that right?

That's because my video card will not work well.

airborner

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2014

Hi,

I happened to view your post. Recently, I've installed ML 10.8.4 (MLPF v0.3) on my black macbook 2.1 and everything is working beautifully, including proper graphics acceleration.

atvusr

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
If I understand well, wasting time installing the Mavericks in my MacBook2,1 is a waste of time. Right?

It's basically possible to install Mavericks on a MacBook 2,1. You could use that for educational purposes or to see whats new and so on. But if you really want to work with it, it is at the moment no recommendable solution because of the lacking of appropriate graphics driver (64bit kexts). Maybe MacPostFactor could help if it is released sometime.

srihari83

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2014
Hi,

I happened to view your post. Recently, I've installed ML 10.8.4 (MLPF v0.3) on my black macbook 2.1 and everything is working beautifully, including proper graphics acceleration.

Hi there, Thank you for the update!! Does your black MB 2.1 have GMA950 card or GMA X3100?? My MB 3.1 has X3100, so if you have an X3100 card, could you please post the graphics kexts?? I badly need an upgrade from 10.5.8 to atleast 10.8.. Thanks!!

srihari83

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2014
Dear atvus.

If I understand well, wasting time installing the Mavericks in my MacBook2, 1 - MB21.00A5.B07, is a waste of time. Right?

It will not be good. Is that right?

That's because my video card will not work well.

Yes, you might want to install Mavericks only as a curiosity at this stage.. can't yet use it as a fulltime OS on unsupported macs just yet.. older cards don't work at all & processor has to do all the graphics work, so overall experience is very slow.. the only 64bit kext for GMAs came with 10.6.2 beta & that too is pretty buggy.. so we gotto wait! .. good luck !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.