Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
Im playing DayZ Standalone. Awesome.

Same, built my first gaming PC a while ago and I'm absolutely hooked on this.

Picked up Arma 2 in the steam sales so I'm gonna give the mod a try at some point.

Other than that I'm playing BF3 (it was free) and re-playing some of my xbox 360 games like skyrim and far cry 3.

Oh and black mesa :D

fuchsdh

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2014
Mostly:
*Minecraft — play on a NeoGAF community SMP server that's a lot of fun.
*Dota 2 — sort of my comfort game. I can play an hour, get raged at, and I'm good for a while :p
*StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm — the campaign to the first part of StarCraft II left me cold, but I got this for cheap so I decided to try it, at least for the gameplay. Not sure I'll get back into the competitive multiplayer since they shortened the seasons so much for a casual player like me.

Still got games on my 360 as well to work through, so I'm probably not going to be playing much else until November when console exclusives hit :)

Th3taJ

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2014
Milford, NH
I've been playing a lot of games at once lately.

• Guild Wars 2
  • Amnesia: the Dark Descent
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Biosock: Infinite
  • Portal 2
  • Borderlands 2
  • Metro: Last Light
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Hearthstone

All running on Mac OS X

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Currently I'm playing around with War Thunder, a World of Tanks competitor, Minecraft, Left 4 Dead 2 (PC), and Space Engineers, a voxel based sandbox building game similar to Minecraft, but in space.

Quick Summary:
Minecraft- great but blocky. needs building tools like Landmark.

Space Engineers- still playing with it trying to work with curves. I've given up on curves in Minecraft, but it seems that people have managed to make curve-like space ships in SE.

L4D- Excellent as always.

War Thunder- definitely not sold on this yet. As it stands in free beta, this free game competitor with WoT, WoT has nothing to fear.

Wardenski

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2012
I completed Far Cry3: Blood Dragon yesterday. A great short game but I was disappointed by the ending. My next PC game I will play will probably be Crysis again, giving Skyrim a rest.

Also playing Wind Waker HD on the WiiU, up to the Earth/Wind temple. Next game on the list is Mario World 3D. Don't think I will bother with the 2D variant.

insane79

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2008
I've been playing a lot of games at once lately.

• Guild Wars 2
  • Amnesia: the Dark Descent
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Biosock: Infinite
  • Portal 2
  • Borderlands 2
  • Metro: Last Light
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Hearthstone

All running on Mac OS X
how are you getting Metro last night to boot up on osx? you got the game from steam or app store?

Thanks..

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Currently...

Baldur's Gate (OS X)
Hearthstone (iOS)
Rayman Jungle Run (iOS)
Infinity Blade II (iOS)
Monument (iOS)
Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth (Win)
Boom Blox Party bash (Wii)

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
decisions decisions.

finished Deus Ex Human Revolution last night. if you havent played it, its fab. thanks to feral for both that and tomb raider.

now, decisions for the future.

either go back to bioshock infinite, which i didnt finish, or max payne 3, which didnt seem such a great port. or something entirely different, europa universalis.

or....my steam collection is full of games i have bought and not played, both pc and mac.

skyrim
far cry 2 (loved far cry 3)
dishonoured

Last edited:

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
I finished Assassins Creed Black Flag (loved it) right when Watch Dogs came out and bought that but I haven't played more than half hour so far. I find it hard to really dive into games during the summer. I should have saved the $59.99 and bought it on sale later on when I would actually play it :rolleyes:

kaioshade

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2010
So many games right now:

Destiny Beta: XBO
Destiny Beta: PS4
Warframe: PC
Wolfenstein: PC
Transistor: PC
Final Fantasy XIV: PC
Watch Dogs: PC
Guacamelee: XBO

About what i have played in the last 5 days.

Cuesca

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
Wildstar but I recently quit when my server became 90% empty except for the towns. Now getting back into Guild Wars 2, I can't believe how fun the WvW is in this game.

I need to upgrade my PC since the i5-2500k + 560Ti seems to only be barely play these, for some reason the old i7+650m on my rMBP plays both like a champ.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Wildstar but I recently quit when my server became 90% empty except for the towns. Now getting back into Guild Wars 2, I can't believe how fun the WvW is in this game.

I need to upgrade my PC since the i5-2500k + 560Ti seems to only be barely play these, for some reason the old i7+650m on my rMBP plays both like a champ.

What happened with Wildstar? Has it crashed? I have a trial serial code that I was considering cranking up. :eek:

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Lessee…

• Space Engineers
  • Kerbal Space Program
  • Planet Explorers
  • Borderlands 2

So mostly space-related games. I really ought to install Orbiter…

N19h7m4r3

macrumors 65816
Dec 15, 2012
Been hooked on Crypt of the Necrodancer lately, soon I'll get stuck in on Xenonauts as I finished XCOM.

Still need to find some time to finish Divinity : Original Sin

Cuesca

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
What happened with Wildstar? Has it crashed? I have a trial serial code that I was considering cranking up. :eek:

During the launch they made too little servers which cause over 22 hour queue times. Afterward they release too many servers and people ended up getting divided into too many servers causing a strain in the community. Overall the game is very wow-like and people would rather play WOW.

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Currently playing:
Legend of Grimrock - I'm over halfway into the game... and I'm stuck. This game gets progressively more difficult the further down into the dungeon you go. I'm basically being overwhelmed by enemies now with nowhere to go. I really enjoy this game though, as it reminds me of the many years I spent playing games like Eye of the Beholder and Might & Magic.

Torchlight - I'm probably halfway through this as well. Playing as the girl with the guns. Getting bored as the game is rather repetitive.

Thinking of finally starting up Bioshock Infinite. Really enjoyed the other Bioshock games.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
During the launch they made too little servers which cause over 22 hour queue times. Afterward they release too many servers and people ended up getting divided into too many servers causing a strain in the community. Overall the game is very wow-like and people would rather play WOW.

Thanks for the info! Wondering if I should bother. Is this a subscription model? I'll look that up.

sammy66

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2014
Minecraft and Kerbal Space Program right now. Sometimes I play FPS or strategy games but these two rather appeal to me.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Currently playing:
Legend of Grimrock - I'm over halfway into the game... and I'm stuck. This game gets progressively more difficult the further down into the dungeon you go. I'm basically being overwhelmed by enemies now with nowhere to go. I really enjoy this game though, as it reminds me of the many years I spent playing games like Eye of the Beholder and Might & Magic.

Torchlight - I'm probably halfway through this as well. Playing as the girl with the guns. Getting bored as the game is rather repetitive.

Thinking of finally starting up Bioshock Infinite. Really enjoyed the other Bioshock games.

I tried to get into Legend of Grimrock, but the lack of keyboard support (!) killed the magic for me. I don't want to click everywhere and cast spells with little tile combos, each time to cast a spell. Yuk.

Torchlight is great, and is a direct successor to "Fate", which I played to death back in the day. Like you, though, I found myself bored with it, and never got too deep.

I seem to be in the minority in this camp, but I highly preferred the floating city of Columbia to the sunken, dark, wet nightmare that is Rapture. Also, the story and the ending of Infinite was so, so well told. I highly recommend you play through Infinite, DLC not necessarily so.

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
I seem to be in the minority in this camp, but I highly preferred the floating city of Columbia to the sunken, dark, wet nightmare that is Rapture. Also, the story and the ending of Infinite was so, so well told. I highly recommend you play through Infinite, DLC not necessarily so.

I have heard really good things about the story. I installed it to see how it would run on my Mini. Was surprised to see how well it ran; actually has a better frame rate than Grimrock! Will be starting it soon, but I'd really like to choke down the last of Grimrock first.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

Regarding Bioshock Infinity I was enjoying it and as it frequently happens, got distracted from it at least halfway in. I should get back to it. I too prefer Columbia. Rapture was a pressure cooker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.