Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
UK
Struggling to find a huge amount of reviews for these, especially YouTube reviews. Looking for one for a rMBP, seems like the best option I can find, since HengeDocks competitor is basically a Myth, and I want to have the rMBP open whilst using it.

Getting it to the UK will be a hassle too, no UK reseller.

Anyone own one? Or have an alternative?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Do you have a link to Myth? I tried googling. I only know of Henge and they should be coming out with a dock that lets you have the MBP sit horizontally.

dyn

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2009
.nl
I think "vaporware" is the word you are looking for.

Anyway, what are you looking for in a dock? Is it just no hassle with plugging in cables or does it need to have special features like a kensington lock?

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
UK
It's for the home so no need for anything like that, just be able to easily connect a series of Desk devices, monitor, ethernet, speakers etc.

dyn

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2009
.nl
Have you taken a look at Thunderbolt docks? They are in the same price range as the Landingzone with the added bonus that you don't need a specific model to fit your notebook so they are more versatile (you can use it for various types of computers as long as they support Thunderbolt).

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
UK
I have, I just prefer the idea of a proper dock to be honest, but it's something I will look at more. Ideally the ATD would be updated soon as that would then be the dock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.