Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
I can't get it to work. I'm logged in with the same iCloud account on my Mac Mini and on my iPad Air. I have the latest Yosemite beta and latest iOS 8 beta. Bleated is active on both devices, and I can easily share files with Airdrop. But I never get the Handoff app down in the dock on my Mac. I've tried Maps, Mail, and Safari. I've also checked in the General settings on both devices that Handoff is enabled.

What could be wrong?

myname70

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2014
I can't get it to work. I'm logged in with the same iCloud account on my Mac Mini and on my iPad Air. I have the latest Yosemite beta and latest iOS 8 beta. Bleated is active on both devices, and I can easily share files with Airdrop. But I never get the Handoff app down in the dock on my Mac. I've tried Maps, Mail, and Safari. I've also checked in the General settings on both devices that Handoff is enabled.

What could be wrong?

Did you login with an e-mail @icloud.com ? You should use that email not another if you have ad apple ID

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
Did you login with an e-mail @icloud.com ? You should use that email not another if you have ad apple ID

I'm not using my @icloud.com for anything - I use my gmail (which is the same as my Apple ID) for iCloud. So every time I want to use Handoff I have to log out from that and login with my @icloud.com?

myname70

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2014
I'm not using my @icloud.com for anything - I use my gmail (which is the same as my Apple ID) for iCloud. So every time I want to use Handoff I have to log out from that and login with my @icloud.com?

I use the same Gmail account as a primary account Apple ID, but I have registered the @icloud email as a secondary mail and both of them could be used for Apple ID or iCloud ID. You have to login with icloud mail which is the same as to login with Gmail. The same account, but handoff works good only if formally you put icloud mail as login on both devises. No need to logoff and log in with Gmail after that. You can still log in with icloud all the time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.