Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brambleiah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2014
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on here so apologies for any noob mistakes. I have a been a mac user for over 6 years. Anyways, does anyone know of a application that will show you all of your files on your mac with a visual color-coded chart? Either pie chart or bar graph or something similar? I believe I used one years ago that was still being developed. I just want to see visually which files are what (movies, music, photos, apps, etc.) and which are taking up the most space so I can downsize appropriately.

Thank you!

MACS4LIFE

Brambleiah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2014
Wow! That was fast! Thank you both!

DiskinventoryX was the one I was thinking about! DaisyDisk looks beatufiul though... I'll give it a try.

Thank you!!!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It's in "About This Mac" under the :apple: menu in the menubar.

Click it, then "More Info..."

Then click the "Storage" tab.

The problem with OS X's representation is that lacks detail, i.e., the other tab is really confusing and does not provide the level of granularity, i.e., what folders make up the other category. Just my mini rant on this :D

Brian33

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
USA (Virginia)
Wow! That was fast! Thank you both!

DiskinventoryX was the one I was thinking about! DaisyDisk looks beatufiul though... I'll give it a try.

Thank you!!!

I've used Diskinventory X under Windows XP and it is good and very useful, but I liked DaisyDisk so much I was happy to buy it for my Mac! Recommended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.