Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erasr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
Yes, I want to wear a watch like this on my wrist. Not. No chance someone with any taste of style would want an iWatch on their wrist.

autrefois

macrumors 65816
I can't wait. My body parts are ready.

Is this the new "Safari is snappier"? Seems like I've seen this comment a number of times recently...

A flexible display and wireless charging would both be a huge plus, as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure this will come at a premium, though. I'm getting worried that this device is going to be as expensive as some are predicting.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
So - controlled leaks - or is everyone just jumping on a bandwagon now and making predictions like a big snowball effect?

JeffyTheQuik

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2014
Charleston, SC and Everett, WA
People are concentrating on the screen itself too much.

I can see the wrist strap itself having sensors. The wrist area is an area with a lot of nerves. BP , Heart rate , body temp.,

Lot's of sensors in those nerves.

I hope it's cheap to replace. Of all of the components that make a watch, the band is the most fragile, and replaced more often.

swarmster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2004
Not good news for those predicting that the device would stand on its own without being teathered to an iPhone.

Apple was never going to make a wearable the size that would be required for iPhone-like capabilities.

Maybe for people who thought it would somehow be a stand-alone phone (on your wrist??), but that sounds like about the right size motherboard for playing MP3s and tracking sports independent of a phone. Make it waterproof and I'm sold.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Yes, I want to wear a watch like this on my wrist. Not. No chance someone with any taste of style would want an iWatch on their wrist.

People said the same about iPods, iPhones, and iPads prior to their unveiling. Your comment will be looked upon years from now and laugh at your expense.

Windlasher

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2011
minneapolis
Wireless charging meaning it charges as you move around :D

I seem to remember MANY years ago a watch that wound itself as you wore it. I assume there was a tiny weight or something that moved back and forth cranking just a little bit each time so you never had to wind it.

It would be interesting to have something like that where a tiny magnet moved back and forth through tiny coils charging a tiny battery. Dat would be cool.

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
All that matters is how it looks. If true, $400 is a lot of money to drop on something that's aesthetically unappealing.

"C'mon Apple old buddy, don't let me down!

Attachments

• 6f3d5c798daa08e8fd48edd6fc7b8498.jpg
    6f3d5c798daa08e8fd48edd6fc7b8498.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 78

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
So - controlled leaks - or is everyone just jumping on a bandwagon now and making predictions like a big snowball effect?

I'm not saying that all of the rumors are true, but if they were that outlandish we'd probably be seeing a lot of "Nope." from Dalrymple (via Apple attempting to control expectations). So far, he's been silent. Make of it what you will.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Genuine question: What is so exciting about this? What features are people looking forward to with this "iWatch"? Health monitoring? Is that it?

Or is it one of those "because Apple" things?

What's so exciting about any of the Android Wear stuff? Yet every tech site is hyping those devices like crazy. Guess they're just bored.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011

Quite amusing that none of these leaks are coming from Mark Gurman. Have his sources dried up or is he relegated to posting leaks of internal all employee memos?

budselectjr

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009
Minnesota
Genuine question: What is so exciting about this? What features are people looking forward to with this "iWatch"? Health monitoring? Is that it?

Or is it one of those "because Apple" things?

Current fitness bands do some things but lack features that other bands do. They all do somethings well but not everything. People are hoping that Apple will combine all the features into one device. This is what Apple thrives on.

imwoblin

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
Knowing how much Tim Cook loves wearing the Nike Fuel Band, maybe this mockup is close to the real deal, with a thin flexible screen..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 79

Windlasher

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2011
minneapolis
Maybe we'll be able to charge both devices putting then on the same iCharger :eek:

...sweet dreams... :D :apple: :D

Here it comes

HEADLINE: IWATCH KILLED MY DAD!

While wireless charging would be nice but I can see the lawsuits now from people wearing pacemakers and the like. If it has wireless charging you can count on it.

roow110

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2011
Wow.

Flexible OLED Sapphire Display
NFC, 10 GB Storage, A4 Chip
Touch ID, Siri
HealthKit, HomeKit
4 Day Wireless Charging Battery
Liquidmetal Body

This is shaping up to be an amazing announcement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.