Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesapp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
Hello guys,

I just wondered is the silver iPhone 6 to "girly" for a guy? I think it looks pretty sweet, but I'm afraid of what others will think? Don't want to send out the wrong impression lol.

I kinda like the gold but I think that some people might find it gaudy.

I'll probally just end up with space grey blah.

Looking for advice...

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Hello guys,

I just wondered is the silver iPhone 6 to "girly" for a guy? I think it looks pretty sweet, but I'm afraid of what others will think? Don't want to send out the wrong impression lol.

Looking for advice...

Here's some advice: stop caring what others think. That - and it's just a phone...Bigger things in life to be concerned about!

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
Afraid of getting the silver iPhone.

I'm a girl. I do not think the silver iPhone is "girly" at all. Do you also think the black one "manly"?

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Hello guys,

Looking for advice...

There is your problem. Get what you want, and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Color does not equate gender - pick what you want and don't worry about what others think. Please yourself, don't try to please everyone else because you can't.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Hello guys,

Looking for advice...

Are you 13 years old? Get what you like.

EW800

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2012
> I think it looks pretty sweet, but I'm afraid of what others will think?

Why in the world would you be concerned about what others may think??

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
So, here we go again about color and gender iPhones. Stop this. Its getting old and silly to care about which color iPhone one gets. Those that come to any forum and say this or that color are girly are just plain silly. Enough said :confused:

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Hello guys,

Looking for advice...
White and Silver girly?

Errrr not in the slightest mate, get what you like. Its no different really to the previous white iPhones and none of them have been girly. White is not gender exclusive. ;)

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Oh my gosh, you are afraid someone might think you are...gasp...what, less of a man, effeminate, what? No one cares what your phone looks like. The silver looks sharp. I'd probably get the silver if I didn't have the gold on my 5S (same crap went around last year too on the gold). I like to alternate black front/white front, so I'm going back to black front with the space gray this year (had a black 5, a gold 5S and now space gray 6).

People view your confidence in your self more than what phone you have. Get what you like. If you like the silver and someone else makes fun of it...screw them, you have what you like. Don't let others dictate what you like. (And don't be afraid of not looking 'manly.' What a waste of time that is in your life trying to live up to some stupid outdated trope of what makes a 'man.' I'm a musical loving, fashion show watching, sensitive guy who cries at sad movies, Army veteran, straight man...some of the things I like are 'stereotypically gay.' And? Who cares.)

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
I have the silver one right now, no wonder no girls will talk to me!

Seriously though get whatever color you want. Silver grey and gold are all gender neutral colors

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
Looks quite girly to me. All those delicate curves along with that soft, vulnerable color makes it quite feminine.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Hello guys,

Looking for advice...

If your 13, it might give you cooties.

If you've passed puberty, white is neutral. And used everywhere from freight trucks, to t shirts.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
White is so fluffy soft and delicate.
It's like a dew drop on Summer dawn.

Black, however, is tough as nails and really send the "right message".

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
Have people failed to get over this one?

Every iPhone launch people are worried about gender Vs phone color....sigh

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I figured this thread would have came a lot sooner than now. To the OP: yes the silver is girly. I have one now and am so scared of pulling it out at the bar when there are a lot of male friends near me. I sweat and quiver at the thought of checking my messages.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
I figured this thread would have came a lot sooner than now. To the OP: yes the silver is girly. I have one now and am so scared of pulling it out at the bar when there are a lot of male friends near me. I sweat and quiver at the thought of checking my messages.

When I pull out my WHITE iPhone, all the hot ladies immediately come over to me and want to take me home.

This is solely due to the color of iPhone I purchased.

If I had a BLACK one, they'd assume I'm a goober and will be at home later that night by myself playing X-Wing on DosBox.

balzmcfearson

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2009
Brooklyn
In my opinion the white front looks great with ios 7 / 8, but the gap between the home button and the screen can get dingy on my 5. Not sure if this was resolved with the additional button boarder on phones with touch id or if that matters to you, but I'm going for black this time primarily for that reason.

tiartrop

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008
Depends if you plan to cover it with diamonds or not?

On a serious note, not at all girly, have plenty of male friends with white phones and tablets. Pick whatever colour you like best.

apple-silicon

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2014
Hello guys,

Looking for advice...

Go for whatever color your heart desires. No one will think any less of you.

Gold, white, space gray. We need more color in the world.

Choosing a color that defines you is what's masculine rather than the color itself.

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
Hello guys,

Looking for advice...

Since when is silver "girly"? For the love of god man. You have bigger issues in life than what phone you'll want to decide if this is on your mind. Be confident in yourself and pick whatever you want. Colours aren't male or female.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.