Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
My watch :D

Attachments

• clock.jpg
    clock.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 250

applegirl

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2005
In Cancun. Be back never.
I have a silver Timex pocket watch on a chain. I used to wear wrist watches but they get grimey quickly on archaeological digs, so I learned from the pros that a pocket watch is the safest bet. It's a little strange for a girl to have a pocket watch but, hey, it's better than ruining a nice wrist watch. :D

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
This was my watch until the battery died

Perhaps that explains why I can never be on time or never got around to buying a new battery....

Attachments

• watch.jpg
    watch.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 95

fanbrain

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2005
So. UT
I used to have a pocket watch from Wal-Mart but it wouldn't stay closed after a while. Now I wear this. $80.

NIXONWATCHESMENSWATCHES38.1.jpg

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
My last watch was a Fossil Blue, it was a gift, but something the person knew I wanted. I liked the way it looked. After I lost it, I just stopped wearing a watch.

I have a Cell Phone that has a watch and calendar. A PDA with the same. A Nextel that tells time. A company cellphone, in addition to the Nextel, which tells time. A clock in both of my vehicles. On top of that, even my iPod offers the time and basic iCal functions.

Maybe I am just pragmatic. But wearing a watch is one of those things that people probably do not have to do. It's like a facet of life that has become obsolete, 'cept that it hasn't really been pointed out yet.

Watches may become a thing of the past, unless they start to offer a lot more functionality.

Watches retain a fashion aspect I suppose, but it is pretty frivolous.

Nanda Devi

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2004
East Lansing, Michigan
Blue Velvet said:
....However, having no watch also deprives you of that incredibly subtle gesture of checking it ostentatiously when you're bored and want to cut short a meeting or conversation.

Agree... I don't wear a watch and haven't owned one in 7 or 8 years, but I have been known on occasion to simply fake the "glance at watch" gesture for one reason or another, and hope that anyone looking doesn't notice I'm just looking at my wrist.

I know... sneaky as hell isn't it. :cool:

ND

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
I'm not sure what is says about my personality, but I just got this Eco-Drive Citizen, and yes, I do use it for scuba diving.

I also have an Omega Aqua Terra when something a little more dressy is called for.

Attachments

• Citizen-a.jpg
    Citizen-a.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 79

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
i have several watches, my favorite being a Movado. simple, sleek, elegant, effective.

there is a thread about this in the picture forum. ;)

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Well, I have an Omega Seamaster, James Bond Model. The automatic one. Then I have a Rolex GMT Master II, which I am currently wearing as I type this. I also have a Casio G-shock for when I work out, or play with my dog. She is a ninety pound lab that likes to try to chew on my other nice watches.:D

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
I have three watches at the moment.

My main watch is a Calvin Klein which is actually quite scratched up.

Besides that I have a neat Fossil which has a face that can alternate between green and blue. Looks like the one in the picture but with a black leather strap and a slightly different shape face.

And I have a Citizen Aqualand Duplex which is a serious diving watch with basically a dive computer built into it. (but the batteries are dead right now, yes it takes 2 batteries, and eats them within a year. :mad: ) Great watch though.

Attachments

• k2231130.jpg
    k2231130.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 156
  • BG1040.gif
    BG1040.gif
    41.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 245_150.jpg
    245_150.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 176
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.